What's new

Weird GFX Problem w/Mario Party 3

quezicks

Mario Party 3 works great in the latest version of 1964, with the latest Jabo DX7 GFX plugin .. however ..

.. after I've set up the game, and it goes to the board, all of the board spaces are shrunk in the middle of the screen! What gives? The game is marked as "playable" but this makes the game completely unplayable.

Anyone else have this problem?

q

OP
Q

quezicks

Here's a screenshot of what I mean, in case it helps. The board pieces are all squished into the middle of the screen.

They display correctly in "Project 64", but there are so many other GFX issues in that emulator that I can't play it. 1964 looked gorgeous until I noticed this .. so what gives?

q

Rice

Emulator Developer
You need to use Internal Transform in Jabo's video plugin, then it is solved.

OP
Q

quezicks

Rice: Thank you, that did solve the board problem - and now it looks exactly like it does in "Project 64". I guess neither emulator can properly emulate the game yet. That's cool. :)

Smiff: There are so many graphical glitches that the game is virtually unplayable. In many of the mini-games, the ground, or another essential element is missing, screen transitions aren't done properly, etc, etc. When Jabo's plugin is set on "automatic" the game is gorgeous, and absolutely perfect, until the problem appears that you see in my screenshot.

Guess I'll just have to wait. :)

Thanks guys.

q