What's new

Weird gfx error in DKR

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
It's not weird, nor is this new. Look at the post titled "PAL Resolution Fix (Black Borders or Cut off Screen)"

Jimbob

Hey all, im new to this board, but ive been following pj64 for ages and been playing 1.4 all the time since it came out, i love it!

anyways, when i play diddy kong racing, i get a weird thing happening to my graphics. After i talk to Taj and change my vehicle, only the part of the screen that had the menu is used until i exit the area (see attached image)

i have Diddy Kong Racing (E) (V1.1) [!].v64, is this a problem just with [E] roms maybe? does anyone know if this can be fixed?

in case it matters, my system specs are:
thunderbird 1.4ghz
384mb ram
geforce2 mx with 21.83 detonators

using pj64 1.4 with jabo's gfx plugin, default settings

Jimbob

oops, i forgot to attach the image :)

whats going on here? i try attaching a jpg file and it says its not a valid jpg?! so i try gif, it doesnt work either!
if they arent valid, how come i can view them fine?
trying png, grr.....nope, same thing :(
i have no idea what is going wrong with my attachments

Jimbob

heres a bitmap

EDIT: i dont believe it, that one doesnt work either, no point clicking on it, it just downloads a blank bitmap. Hmmm, well, bring on the flames about stupid newbies (im not), sorry about the whole 4 posts for 1 problem bit, ill try another board, hopefully my images will work.......

Last edited:

Jimbob

hmm, ill try looking in the rdb, but if it was a resolution problem, shouldnt it not go away when i leave the area and come back?