What's new

Vsync?

Glitcher

I'm trying to enable vsync in my video driver to prevent Chankast's emulation rising above 60fps - except I can't seem to find that option. I'm using an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller and I can find the driver settings in the Control Panel easily. Setting the refresh rate at 60 hertz is no problem, but here's a list of what's available in the OpenGL settings:

Asynchronous Flip
Triple Buffering
Flipping Policy
Depth Buffer Bit Rate
Force S3TC Texture Compression
Force FXT1 Texture Compression
Driver Memory Footprint
Texture Color Depth
Anisotropic Filtering

No vsync. If it's not one of these, where is it? :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast does not use OpenGL, it uses DirectX.

I don't think you'll get Chankast working properly with that Intel chip of yours though.

Agozer

If your graphics card settings has separate entires for DirectX settings, then from there. if it doesn't exist, my guess is that it simply doesn't exist (driver's fault) or then the settings for OpenGL also apply to DirectX and thus Direct3D.

That being said, I made a quick Google search (came up with Intel's own support pages no less), and it turns out that if you disable Asynchonous Flip, it's the same thing as enabling VSync, and vice-versa.

Last edited:
OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

Are you sure about that? Because asynchronous flip has always been disabled, yet Chankast's framerate often hits 90fps. What am I doing wrong?

Agozer

That's what Intel's own support pages say anyway. Regardless, there has also been a few reports in the past that forcing VSync does nothing to Chankast's speed, while others had better success.

Go figure.