What's new

Video Card probs with Glide64.

Rexatron X

Alright, I got the latest version of Glide64 and hack's wrapper,

But I still get the following errors when starting Paper Mario:

"your video card doesn't support GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension", I hit okay, next comes "your video card does not support GL_ARB_multitexture extension", after that, "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension", and finally it says something like "wglMakeCurrent failed."

I think it has to do with my drivers, does anybody know what drivers I should get for a nVIDIA RIVA TNT? My OS is Windows XP.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's not a fault of the drivers. Unfortunately your video card does not support some of the opengl extensions that hac's wrapper uses so you get this error (or other similar errors). Either buy a better video card or use another video plugin or another wrapper.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
With the specific video card and the specific game? None! Seriously now, the specific game has problems with almost every video plugin and your video card is below the minimum requirements for almost every video plugin. You may be lucky if you use Rice's video plugin or choose evoodo as wrapper but don't expect miracles.
If I remember right the only video plugin that works well enough with TNT cards is Jabo's D3D v1.40 (or is it v1.30?). You may want to give them a try (they come together with PJ64 v1.4 and 1.3).

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
According to Delphi3D's OpenGL Hardware Registry, the TNT does in fact support those extensions.

Try the latest drivers from nVidia from here and see if it helps.

Orkin

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You may not believe it but the only way for a TNT (not a TNT2) to support these features is through SSE2 or at least (for some of these features) 3DNOW. His P3 does not have these features. Link: http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/listreports.php (I made my research before replying before just to make sure).
I remember myself trying to run glN64 with a TNT on a Celeron @ 4xxMHZ some time ago. Tried various drivers and plugins but only Jabos plugin (v1.40) and glide64 v0.5 with evoodo did the trick (at least for some games).

Last edited:

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I stand corrected...I didn't realize CPU support could effect extension support so much!

He should still be able to get ARB_multitexture and ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat with the latest drivers, but without ARB_texture_env_combine (which requires SSE2 or 3DNow, as you said) it's a moot point.

Orkin

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I found it kinda weird too at first. How could SIMD instructions affect the video card capabilities without a major speed hit? Anyway, the truth is that either because of Rexatron's video card or his CPU hac's wrapper won't work as it should for him.

..:ForgoTTeN:..

I have the same problems with Paper Mario (U).

I use:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE (from ASUS):p
ForceWare 77.77 drivers (from ASUS website)
Project 64 1.6
Glide 64 "Wonder" 0.8
Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper
Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP@1913MHz

I think all this stuff is faster than nVIDIA RIVA TNT... :whistling Any suggestions?..:bye3: