What's new

Uxtheme.dll with SP1

iq_132

Banned
I've tried just about everything to replace my Uxtheme.dll in Windows XP SP1... it just won't let me.. i replaced it before I switched to SP1, But It just says it is locked... i've even tried this program called installfile that replaces locked system files in XP/2000.

I really hope someone can help... I don't want to have to take my hard drive out and attach it to another XP computer so that I can replace that one file.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
try booting in "safe mode, command prompt only". Windows has most of its "safeguard features" disabled that way, in fact I was able to kill the automatic update dll (which in SP1 is enabled no matter what services or features you turn off) that way.

(no matter though, because that computer is about to get gentoo linux installed on it, screw SP1)

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
Tried Safe mode with command prompt...
I'm going to try booting into linux and see if i can do it from there soon.

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
Linux is all fucked up... forgot about that...
I still can't get it replaced!!!...

OP
iq_132

iq_132

Banned
I forgot I messed my linux partition up... I can't get the file replaced still...

as for crhylove, everyone gets turned on by slougi's av.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
iq_132 said:
I forgot I messed my linux partition up... I can't get the file replaced still...

as for crhylove, everyone gets turned on by slougi's av.

try booting from Windows XP CD and proceed with 'Recovery Console', typing R and copying custom uxtheme.dll over original in system32 file

Good luck

:cool: