What's new

UT2003 and Doom3 Specs

Stezo2k

S-2K
mann said:
i like unreal better too it has a better feel to it

Definatly, but quake 3 seemed to be the more popular of the 2, i still like unreal better tho it just feels like your playing lazer quest or somthing and its more addictive to me

Stez

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, I just started playing Q3A again today, and I gotta say, that moving back to Quake from UT is hard... Quake is about 3 levels faster than UT...

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Stezo2k said:
mann said:

Definatly, but quake 3 seemed to be the more popular of the 2, i still like unreal better tho it just feels like your playing lazer quest or somthing and its more addictive to me

Stez

Bah, lazer quest sucks, its basicaly paintball for gays and grannies, don't compare UT to lazer quest :p

It will be a good idea to hold off on buying any new hardware til at least one of these next generation games comes out. Hell, I am managing just fine with only 80fps in UT@1024x768@32bpp with my crap p3 1ghz and gf2 32mb.

Stezo2k

S-2K
AlphaWolf said:
Stezo2k said:
mann said:

Stez

Bah, lazer quest sucks, its basicaly paintball for gays and grannies, don't compare UT to lazer quest :p

It will be a good idea to hold off on buying any new hardware til at least one of these next generation games comes out. Hell, I am managing just fine with only 80fps in UT@1024x768@32bpp with my crap p3 1ghz and gf2 32mb.

lol..... ur right but you know what i mean :p im impressed with how well unreal works on your system :) i only play that game on Dreamcast cuz i havent got the pc version, the online function is excellent especially with such a slow modem like 30k or something :)

Stez

Eagle

aka Alshain
I like the feel of Unreal too. The textures and realistic looking terrain areas make it awesome. Quake 3 for example is on an alien world where nothing looks real or normal. Like in Unreal the ship level looks cool, Morpheous is awesome both playing and looking. It may not have as good a engine to it but never the less its by far a better game.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
It`s a matter of taste. UT has better team modes, but Quake physics are superiour as far as deathmatch goes.

OP
demon

demon

xbox is shit
UT2003 is out on the 27th of September 2002. The specs for the game should be out pretty soon.

flow``

flow``
Oh yeah you guys know doom III will have multiplayer dont you? <--technically yes, but ATM limited to 4 players who can only join when a level starts its rotation. it's not your standard hop on a server and play kinda thing.. read some reviews please.

minimum specs for doom 3 are supposedly >1 ghz and a gf1. even carmack has said that.. since doom3 was based around those cards. although of course those are only the min specs for the game, and we all know we want more then the minumin :)

not to mention the id software CEO said carmack capped the fps at 60, since it's not supposed to be a real tweak-for-fps (q3'ish) style game. it's supposed to be scary and suspenseful.

as far doom 3. it's really hard to say. it's slated for around march of 2003 but things will more then likely get delayed. UT or q3.. it's really a preference in the area in what you like.

Quake 3 for example is on an alien world where nothing looks real or normal. <--uh.. right. whatever you say. Unreal 1 IS literlally a planet somewhere with aliens and monsters.

in all actuallity q3/ut have no setting as to place, time, or location. it's simply wherever the mapper chooses to put them since there is no story line.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
deus ex killed half-life's story line. although half-life was a very convincing 'hollywood' experience. which made it probably the best first person shooter ever. i would still play the game now and enjoy it. deus ex was sorta more hardcore due to the rpg elements, but its story line kicked ass and was hella complex.

Josep

eyerun4phun
deus ex had a great story, so did half life, yes i agree, i probably did speak too soon, BUT MOST first person shooters, at least hardcore ones (ie the quake series, the blood series, max payne, unreal tournament) didn't have much of a storyline, or none at all;)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I liked the Max Payne story the first time I played it. It didn`t feel cheesy the first time, and it fit in with the overall look of the game.