What's new

Unifying Dolphin

Fou Luz

First of all, sorry if my english is not as good enough.

Well, I knew about dolphin because I am a Resident Evil Freak who needed to complete all the games (recently I've finished RE5). So I bought a GC and the RE games of GC. Of course they look great, but I wished to use the digital output of my GC with my Full HD TV, knowing that GC can show 480p.

BUT, I'm from Spain, and the RGB Scart Cable it's kind of impossible to find, and not only that, PAL Region games doesn't support Progressive Scan. Meaning that it doesn't matter if I had the f***ing cable, this way I'm not gonna see RE as good as they would look like.

Then I remembered emulation.

Chankast is near perfect about Dreamcast emulation (that way I could finish RE Code Veronica XD) and I'm familiar with emulation concepts so I googled "Gamecube emulation" and Dolphin appeared.

I dumped my mini-DVD's and with 1981 revision I got them (both RE1 and RE0) working, but with minor glitches like some parts of bodies missing and huge slowdowns in animated backgrounds.

However, I read then many users and compilers saying that with recent revisions they run almost great, with minor background music bugs, so I have been downloading every revision after 1981, included the recent 2740, expecting a huge diffence but I can't go further of a black screen in any of them excepting, of course, 1981. What's more, some options from 1981 are different of the recent versions. For example, I could solve the black screen problem in 1981 revision activating the Projection Hack R844 and the Safe Texture Cache.

I read a sign of an user of Dolphin Official Forum: "Noobs use 19** (don't remember) version to play RE Remake and Zero, Experst use the latest release".

That gave me an idea.

How about making especific versions for especific games? Not made by developers, but us users. For example opening a topic where people decide which revisions are the best for a concrete game, and the best configuring options for it.

The intention is to obtain a version that runs an especific game almost perfectly and that the unique fault were not enough System Specifications.

For anyone that would like to help me with Resi's my specs are these:

Dual Core 1.83 GHz
1Gb Ram
PCI Express 16x ATI Radeon X1600 128 Mb.
Windows XP 32bit.

Thanks to everybody.