What's new

Understanding NRage and its Functions

super_gamer

Okay, so I've been on the main page getting help via game, I have downloaded the most recent nrage input8 v 2.21.

This is what I have been reading.

1. Using an Adaptoid, a Transfer Pak, the real Gameboy cartridge and the Adaptoid plugin
2. using a 3rd party input plugin that supports import from Gameboy saves for this game.

Please consult plugins documentation for more info.

From my understanding NRage acts as the transfer pack from gameboy emu to project 64.

What I don't understand is that, what extension does the gameboy files need to be saved as so nrage can recognise them. Even with reading other included instructions with the nrage update, I have no idea if this MSVCR80.dl is a plugin needed to be downloaded or if its something that its meant to come with the latest with .NET 2.0.

Is there a step by step guide so I can get this right please.

Thank you :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
AFAIK, Msvcr80.dll is a component in Microsoft Visual C runtime package which is installed with Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. If you don't want to do this, you an just place the .dll file in the Project64 folder (there are DLL repositories on the Internet that let you download missing DLL files).

As for Transfer pak emulation, Nrage should tell you the files extensions it requires once you select Transfer Pak and click Browse (for the record, GB saves have an extension .sav. or .sv)

Last edited:
OP
S

super_gamer

No, there is no guide on that as nrage has multiple uses other than transfering games.

Can you guide me to a place somewhere Agozer that might have the information that I am seeking for, I've tried a search online to no luck.

Thanks.

OP
S

super_gamer

I've read the guide and it doesn't give instructions as it has multiple functions other than transferring games to another.