What's new

Un-understandable problem

Tyrannosaurus

Hello people,
I'am running into some problem with using Chankast. Here is how it goes, I have got Chankas Alpha 0.2a and the required Bios with NTSC modification (the hex one exoskeleton mentioned). Along with that I have got Deamon Tools V3.29, and a game "godzilla_by_arkanoid.nrg", a.k.a godzilla generations maximum impact.

I ran into some problems when starting this so currently all the steps I have taken are not working. Here is what I did

1, Downloaded UltraIso and converted the godzilla_by_arkanoid.nrg to godzilla_by_arkanoid.iso.

2,I mounted that on Deamon Tools

3, I run Chankas and now having trouble with loading Disc.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I've never had any problems with NRGs since once mounted, they act as a regular CD/DVD. Why do people convert their images when it doesn't really make any difference with DT?

Well at least for me it never has.

Which CDRom plugin do you use?

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

I've never had any problems with NRGs since once mounted, they act as a regular CD/DVD. Why do people convert their images when it doesn't really make any difference with DT?

You need Deamon Tools V3.46, to mount NRGs, and using this version of DT, would give io errors, so I'am using DT V3.29.

Well at least for me it never has.

Which CDRom plugin do you use?

How am I suppose to know? There is no inner configuration option, and I got the whole Chankast_02a + dc_bios + full_screen_0.2 + polish_tutorial when I tried to only get the Bios so I don't know.

WHAT NOW?

EDIT: There are currently TWO Chankast 02a, yes one has two plugins cdrom interface aspi and one made by some Elsemi. However both of em don't work(the cd loading screen asks for the date and than a rotating half red coloured cd comes. Than when I ask it play it goes to some screen with some options like play,file,music and settings. I choose play and its says insert disc

Last edited:

Agozer

DT4 mounts and works with NRGs just fine.

Why are you not using Chankast 0.25a? It lets you configure the CdRom plugin, the controllers, cable type, ZWrites, Capcom Hack, VMUs, etc. etc.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

Great, it now loads atleast, Though it now has a new error. When I play the disc the screen turns black as its suppose to but than restarts it back to the logo screen.

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

ANSWER ME!!!!

I have been trying to use this stuiped piece of crap 4 days and I'am really tired of going through any further. What you people have here is a non-user friendly emulator, hard-to use. After encountering this problem I tried so many things that I'am feeling really mad at the people who made this.

I first of all tried putting Nero winaspi32 dll and it gave me a TOC error. I than tried doing aspi update drivers process but failed because well lets just say my pc settings don't have the custom driver viewing options and I don't want to update(too many problems connected to each step, its like a god damn ecosystem), so I would prefer if I don't have to update any frickin driver in my pc as everytime I do that it screws something else(I do alot of things):angry: .

I than tried using Force apsi and installed it successfully but no successfull Chankast as it still gives me that TOC error shit.

So, now all I have is chankast with a proper Bios (no date or time problems, but its a blue swirl) with Read-only checked OFF. Deamon Tools v4.00 with Godzilla Generation Maximum impact by Arkanoid nrg file mounted.

What do I do now, I searched the whole web for an alternate cdrom plugin but such thing does not exist. The problem is like I said before, the screen loads black and than restarts to Bios after I press play (no date or time problems so I'am pretty sure nothin is wrong with Bios).

Agozer

Or, you know, you could simply not bother with any of the ASPI stuff (since Win2K/NT/XP doesn'tsupport ASPI out of the box anyway), and switch to use the CdRom xxx plugin instead.

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

Yes and that would bring up that I/0 error up again. I'am back to where I started, now I would need to use DT 3.29 which does not support nrg so I need to convert it into ISO the samething. Blah I'll give it a try, I'am desperate enough to by pass the aspi crap.

lankeydonkey

for a start what are yor pc specs and whats all this about deamon tools 3.whateva , deamon tools v4 is out now and also check the compatability fred for further details

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

My pc specs

Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz
System Type: X86-based PC
System Manufacturer: INTEL
OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

AGP card: Ati RADEON 9250

I have tried reverting back to Deamon Tools v3.29 and mounted the iso version of my game but now it gives an error that there is no disc inserted.

Oh and in process of converting the nrg to iso, I found out that there is an IP.BIN in the game image, anything perticular about this file?

Last edited:
OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

Well, I have done what you said. Now whats the answer to solve this problem. I'am not letting go of this without a struggle.

Agozer

Tyrannosaurus said:
HEY!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Answer me.

What am I suppose to do now?
Hey, if anyone on this board knew the answer to your problem, he/she would have most likely posted by now, don't you think? Personally, I don't know what else to say.

And for the time being, you won't get an answer that's any different from the posts found countless of other similar topics posted before.

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

Hey, if anyone on this board knew the answer to your problem, he/she would have most likely posted by now, don't you think? Personally, I don't know what else to say.

What am I suppose to do Than, leave the whole idea of running my favourite game with chankast? it was hard enough to get the image and now you say that there is no solution to this. Easy for you to say that I can leave this, since you got it working in your pc is'nt it?

countless times I tried all sorts of things to get this to work and Now wasting that effort is really not worth it.

Believe me if you were in my place right now, you would probably be writing this post full of abusive words and cursing everyone. You don't know what its like to try to get something to work by **Cough** changing drivers around, trying it on various friends houses and than getting a no for an answer from the people who got it to work and know alot about the emulator itself(why else would you have helped people to get DAO and SOA working?).

I can't leave this, after all the running around I did I just can't. Would you?

Agozer

Tyrannosaurus said:
What am I suppose to do Than, leave the whole idea of running my favourite game with chankast? it was hard enough to get the image and now you say that there is no solution to this. Easy for you to say that I can leave this, since you got it working in your pc is'nt it?
If the game just would not work, I would definitely leave it be. Yes, Chankast is the only option for those that do not own a DC or simply won't find one, even if they wanted one. But Chankast is also extremely buggy and unpolished, and seems to have a mind of it's own with certain system configurations. Who knows may there really is tiny differences between different CD images that turn into huge ones when you mount and try to run them on Chankast.

I've deleted a few Dreamcast CD images from my computer solely because I just couldn't get them to run, no matter what I tried and no matter how badly I wanted to play them... even when they were marked as "Working" in several compatibility lists. I'm not going to spoil my day just because a "kickass game" doesn't work when emulated.

And no, I've never played Godzilla on Chankast, let alone on a real Dreamcast.

OP
T

Tyrannosaurus

See for yourself:

http://forums.ngemu.com/chankast-forum/53496-chankast-v0-25-screenshots-thread-5.html

post #92 and #96 by Akujin,

description shows a large black Dragon like monster called godzilla. Photos of him destroying city and breathing out blue flame. In post 96 he is fighting his plant version Biollante in images 4 and 5.

Believe me, I'am trying to reach this guy but eitherways the forum is hard to load or he does not answer to often.

I repeat PLEASE HELP ME RUN THIS GAME.