What's new

uhh.. lil help please?

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Ok so i aquired a file for Sonic Adventure 2 and it is full of these little files (36 of them to be exact all about 20MB each and named e-sonic0021 e-sonic2002 etc etc as well as one file with a .sfv extension) OK so my question is.. what do i do with all of these files in order to play this on my chankast? any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Some more chankast info - Sonic Adventure 1 Crashes with sonic the hedgehog 100% of the time when takeing the train to mystic ruins to save amy from the robot. (i have an nvidia card so i cant vouch for ATI if that makes a difference.)

Anyways thanks for the help in advance everyone. (also i realize graphics display wrong on nvidia for sonic 2 i dont really care tho i just want to play around with it anyway. :D) :bouncy:

OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
SegaBOI said:
Ok so i aquired a file for Sonic Adventure 2 and it is full of these little files (36 of them to be exact all about 20MB each and named e-sonic0021 e-sonic2002 etc etc as well as one file with a .sfv extension) OK so my question is.. what do i do with all of these files in order to play this on my chankast? any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Some more chankast info - Sonic Adventure 1 Crashes with sonic the hedgehog 100% of the time when takeing the train to mystic ruins to save amy from the robot. (i have an nvidia card so i cant vouch for ATI if that makes a difference.)

Anyways thanks for the help in advance everyone. (also i realize graphics display wrong on nvidia for sonic 2 i dont really care tho i just want to play around with it anyway. :D) :bouncy:

Ok well i kinda figured it out on my own lol its wierd.. one of those 20mb files was actually a .rar archive with the .cdi inside of it... my question now is WHY was there 36 files... i think each one is a rar archive.. there was a sys info file amongst them as well which had an error when opening (until ihit open with and used notepad which is how i found out it was a readme and inside the readme it said game file e-sonic2001 so i used winrar on that file) go figure.. its a wierd system lol if anyone knows why there was 36 files id sure like to know.. i guess my next question is, anyone know any ways of fixing the whole bad display with Nvidia and needing wire frame? this is a really fun game itsj ust after awhile the wireframe wares on u.. hey i know ill petetion nvidia or something.. yea i could see it now umm hello yes your card fails when trying to run my dreamcast emu.. lol anyway thanks anyways everyone @.@ (not that anyone posted but its like 10 am.. :) ) :party:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
First off, it's 36 files because you downloaded it, and talking about piracy in here is against the rules. The reason it's split like that is because it makes people who are downloading it easier to get a bunch of single 20 meg files rather than 1 really big 700 meg file. That's how Echelon did it. And the sfv file just lists all the rar peices, sort of as a checklist. But I don't want to get too deep into this subject. As for Sonic 2, it's a known issue that at this point it's unplayable. Future releases are sure to make it playable in the future.

OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
generalplot said:
First off, it's 36 files because you downloaded it, and talking about piracy in here is against the rules. The reason it's split like that is because it makes people who are downloading it easier to get a bunch of single 20 meg files rather than 1 really big 700 meg file. That's how Echelon did it. And the sfv file just lists all the rar peices, sort of as a checklist. But I don't want to get too deep into this subject. As for Sonic 2, it's a known issue that at this point it's unplayable. Future releases are sure to make it playable in the future.

Thanks for the reply ill wait for future releases, oh and on the piracy note i own the game for DC just not my DC anymore.. but i suck with fastboot and stuff so i found it easier to DL Ive seen you post a couple of things to people about piracy so ican tell you dont like it but as long as we own the origional game i dont see the harm. once again thx for the reply but other comments are kinda unneeded : / :yucky: *ps if i understand the rules correctly its only illegal on here to request things that involve piracy like "where do i get (insert illegal material name here)"*

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
SegaBOI said:
Thanks for the reply ill wait for future releases, oh and on the piracy note i own the game for DC just not my DC anymore.. but i suck with fastboot and stuff so i found it easier to DL Ive seen you post a couple of things to people about piracy so ican tell you dont like it but as long as we own the origional game i dont see the harm. once again thx for the reply but other comments are kinda unneeded : / :yucky: *ps if i understand the rules correctly its only illegal on here to request things that involve piracy like "where do i get (insert illegal material name here)"*

Well, the only reason I mention it, is that because use of the word "download" to acquire games tends to get frowned upon. I've seen it happen before. So only making a suggestion.

OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
generalplot said:
Well, the only reason I mention it, is that because use of the word "download" to acquire games tends to get frowned upon. I've seen it happen before. So only making a suggestion.

not to beat a dead horse but i never said download i said aquired ^.^ anyways i see your point as well : ) still cant wait till next release! then maybe i can play sonic adventure 2 on pc :D :homestar: