What's new

TV Tuner Cards

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Hey, I want to know about the best TV Tuner Cards in the marketa, also about the ones that are cheap and good at the same time. I also want to know about the compatbility with Nvidia graphic cards and with Windows XP

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Hauppauge? Strange brand but I am interested, Slougi could you post their website and where to get it cheap?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Again, I reccomend Hauppage, or if you want something good but inexpensive, go with Phoebe Micro.

Reznor007

Get basically any PCI TV card that uses the Bt848, 849, 878 or 879 encoder chip. Hauppage WinTV is a good one.

Then go to www.dscaler.com and check out their (totally free) program. It provides an outstanding image, better than ANY other TV card software.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I heard digital TV cards are getting cheap. Far better than using a standard capture device, no analog conversion at all, and no encoding necessary.

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
I heard digital TV cards are getting cheap. Far better than using a standard capture device, no analog conversion at all, and no encoding necessary.

The problem is most cant capture analog, so if your channel is not broadcasting in HDTV or simulcast then your screwed, not to mention your external devices like VHS.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Doesn't have to be HDTV, just digital broadcast, which most local broadcast stations already are broadcasting a duplicate standard definition digital feed, if not HDTV. Go check your local broadcasters websites, usualy they say if they are broadcasting a duplicate digital feed yet.

Course, some of us select few have the hardware necessary to extract mpeg data from digital satelite broadcasts, so it doesn't matter in our case :p