What's new

TV is Dead instead PSX View...

Cyberman

Ok I stoped working on TV (as it became unbelievably difficult to maintain).

I began redoing the entire project and it's now PSX View.

Here is a URL to see WAZ up.

I suppose I should start adding a revision file since I have versions! WOOA :)

I fixed the texture viewing code for battle models

PSXView_01.jpg

Improved the unknown file viewing code

PSXView_03.jpg

I will be releasing it sometime for public abuse, just not version 0.0.1 as it's under developement to become 0.0.2 :D

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

sb iq said:
Kewl! Will you make it so it can add and replace files?
That would likely be a front end of CD tool instead. It can do these things with great relish and some pickles added :saint: (that of course was a subtle joke).

This is specifically for viewing file data on FF7 FF8 FF9 and tim files.
Xenogears TMD Medieval and a few other games are actually being worked on. I've just got to get the OpenGL part working for models and I'll be happier.

Cyb

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Yupdate <-- bits and pieces

Visable bits of models, hopefully the whole stupid thing will be visable soon too.
PSXView_02.jpg

I picked Yufi because her model isn't that dark. The hips are the first node beyond the root. Hence why it's visible. Axis (Cyan Magenta Yellow) are visible to show which way is what (really). The axis in this case are visible because there is no depth check done with them So they can be visible even if the model would normally obstruct there view.

Cyb

ZeZu

Cyberman, i'd be willing to help some w/ ogl code etc, and i also have my own interests (ZN1/2 arcades)

let me know

ZeZu

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

EEEK! we have .. something more?

The Full Tifa (a bit disgruntled looking needs more work with the rotation decoding).
PSXView001.JPG

Red lines mean Joint blue lines mean bone. That's how the structure works at least. FF8 is a different story and will be a bit more difficult for my brain to understand it's skeleton model structure. It all takes time ERGH!

Stupid textures still do not work notice that the eyes and mouth areas don't have that colored vertex with a nice texture invisibly pasted over them look? GRRR! Hope springs eternal?
TIFA0002.jpg

You might notice that I have the head and hair selected, this is what that tree with B<#> and J<#> beside the animation # is for. This allows one to PICK a bone or a joint and display everything heirachically beneath it. This is mostly for me to debug my code but it also turned out to be useful for viewing as well.

I believe I need to add in positioning sliders too, X Y Z S D are X rotation Y rotation Z rotation Scale and Distance from object respectively. All of the FF7 objects are scaled to 1/100 of there integer numbers so think of the scale and distance numbers proportionately from that.

I have some trouble with decoding the rotations however that is only a temporary problem. The fact is once I get the animations decoding correctly, the main frame will be animated (15 fps is what FF7 originally used).

Cyb

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

PSXView gets some Background...

Oh some nice guy smacked me with some data before my computer died (alas win98SE is no more and win2K hopefully will be on it) I backed up a LOT of data before I wiped the slate clean (roughly 15gigs worth).

I suppose this means debugging etc will actually work right.. and a lot of other stuff likely too, if I can only get my NWN serial numbers .. SIGH :p

However some Images from what I got working :D
4SBWAY_1
4SBWY_1.jpg

ANFRST_1
ANFRST_1.jpg

Cyb

Update NO the damned thing didn't back it up. It will be a few months before this program will progress at all as a consequence. Such is life I guess. All that work destroyed.

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

EEK 3d (Maybe) sometime

I've started to work with a bit of software called GLScene. I'm attempting to import the FF7 battle models into VCL objects that are based on this. The down side is this is NOT as easy as making a custom viewer. The upside is that once done it will be easy to piece together complete battle scenes.

Additionally I'm working on putting together complete field scenes with the walk mesh visable. I've been able to get back to about the same place as I was in September (before computer death).

Screen shots:
ANFRST_1: first background in the ancient forest. Decoding is going OK thanks to the help of some people. Palette information is rather anoying to determine.
ANFRST_1.jpg

TIFA.LZS Tifa battle model, really the only model that doesn't look really messed up right now :D
TIFA001.jpg

Cyb