What's new

tv in on gf4

mesman00

What's that...?
hey
i was wondering how to use the tv in on my gf4. are there certain drivers i have to download?? are the proper capture drivers including w/ the latest detonator?? any help would be appreciated

Eagle

aka Alshain
mesman00 said:
hey
i was wondering how to use the tv in on my gf4. are there certain drivers i have to download?? are the proper capture drivers including w/ the latest detonator?? any help would be appreciated

You have TV-In on your Geforce 4? How the hell did you manage to find that? And what card was it on?

iq_132

Banned
If it was anything except NVidia, like Xtasy or something, go to their website, if it was NVidia, go to their website and look in your card's driver section.

Slougi

It is not really TV-in, as there is no Tuner. It's just composite in, and you'll have to use a VCR or something similar as a Tuner.

Eagle: All GF4Ti series cards have the possibility for TV-in/out, the manufacturer just needs to implement it on the board and supply a Y cable for the s-video port.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm sure thats the idea IQ, they dont want to give full functionality on their cheap cards so they only do it for the expensive ones. Nvidia has gotten almost as bad as Intel, but not quite as bad as M$

iq_132

Banned
I was just kidding...
I have a MX420, I looked through the manual about TV in and such, I didn't really care though, I'd just get a tuner card for like what? 25 bucks now?

*[edit]Oops... more like 70[/edit]*

Eagle

aka Alshain
iq_132 said:
I was just kidding...
I have a MX420, I looked through the manual about TV in and such, I didn't really care though, I'd just get a tuner card for like what? 25 bucks now?

*[edit]Oops... more like 70[/edit]*

$70!!! No, look for a Pheobe TV Master on Pricewatch.com its about $50 w/ shipping I'd like to get an HDTV capture though.

Slougi

If u want a stand alone TV-Tuner get a Happauge card, they have good drivers and support. I know that from first hand experience :)

I had a miro card a long time ago as well, whatever happened to them? Did Diamond buy them at some point? /me tries to remember

Eagle

aka Alshain
Slougi said:
If u want a stand alone TV-Tuner get a Happauge card, they have good drivers and support. I know that from first hand experience :)

I had a miro card a long time ago as well, whatever happened to them? Did Diamond buy them at some point? /me tries to remember

No, Happauge works like N'vidia. They make chipsets others make cards. For example, my phoebe TV-Master is a Brooktree chip. Its very nice, even has a remote.

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
this is what i installed, amcap, it came on my nvidia drivers cd, its a microsoft product (atleast says so in the about part). i have version 1.00, anyone know if there is a later version?

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
I thought WinTV was made by someone else. Hmm, guess I was wrong. Oh well, thats the first mistake I've ever made in my life.