What's new

turok loading problem

gamerk316

I've recently dowloaded the origonal turok for the n64, and im running on 1964 .99. When i go to start game (not when i start the game), it locks up on me (black screen). The turtorual missions work fine. Im using rices 5.6 plugin, but have tried both jabos an glides plugin with the same result. I have sync game to audio OFF (i know that causes problems) and have tried all the counter factor options (no luck either). Anyone know how to get the game to load?

By the way, the maps still dont display properly (although they're getting better). Any way to get the maps to work perfectly?

Clements

Game loads fine for me. You could download the latest rom properties ini from the sticky to see if that makes a difference.

As for the map, Glide64 displays it correctly (you'll need a wrapper such as Hacktarux' wrapper if you are not using a Voodoo card), although the wall and ground textures are all horribly wrong. The only plugin to get the wall and ground textures correct is Jabo's plugin.

OP
G

gamerk316

i just got the game running on 1964 .85 with rices 5.6 plugin with the same options i had on with 1964 .99.

Guess something isn't right with 1964 .99, but it least i can start the game now!!

I knew glides plugin showed the maps properly, but i was hoping someone else also had them working...(HINT HINT...)