What's new

Turok-Dinosaur Hunter crashing....

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
Turok-Dinosaur Hunter crashing no matter what....

I'm having a problem with Turok on 0.9.9.. It crashes nearly everytime I try to play it, at the 1st key pick-up "video", or about 3-15 seconds after it.. It doesn't matter what video plugin I use.. I've tried with TLB on/off.. Assume 32-bit must be yes for me or it crashes with "Exception in emulation thread" if I press any button on keyboard.. I've tried every possible combination, and I've tried various video configurations.. I have been able to play it 2-3 times without it crashing.. :cry: I'd like to know if there's a solution to this, the Turok I have is (U) v1.2....

ADDED:
Just made additional testing and it seems that only if I take the first key right away, the game crashes.. However, if I leave the first key, and head for the second key and take it first, then go back and get the first key, the game won't crash.... :p

ADDED:
Ok, the above mentioned "workaround" worked for about dozen times or so, but a while ago my brother started a new game, and though he went to get the second key first, then went back for the first, crashed again at the pick-up "video".. Am I the only one having this problem...?

I love this game but my original broke (won't boot) 2 years ago and I haven't been able to find a new one yet.. It's hard to find N64 games these days in this country, as well as SNES games, and I don't have a credit card, so....

I've also tested other levels by using the warp cheats, but it hasn't crashed on any other level or key pick-up but the first levels first key....

Last edited: