What's new

Try a little help Cassini

kamin

Okay so ive used Cassini for ages now to play scenarios 1 and 2 of Shining force, when ive come to play scenario 3 boom 'CD read error' right at the end of chapter one, now im using a ROM i created to play on scenario 3 on Cassini, i know on SSF it works fine but to me Cassini wins hands down, better graphics and the whole feel, although SSf has better sound quality this just doesnt cut it for me - and besides i have my other 2 scenarios on Cassini and i cannot change them to use them on SSF, (i have tried).

So question is, anyone ever experienced this problem whilst playing scenario 3? Any ideas how i actually RUN a CD using Cassini? Believe me i have tried to no avail, i think using a CD may help but i dont know how? Or, alternatively, anyone ever come accross this and know of the problem and a possible fix?

Much appreciated anyone who can help.

Kamin:matrix:

OP
K

kamin

Soooooo no one can help huh? Durn, not even tell me how to run a CD from Cassini? Is it coz u guys done like Cassini.......??
Even a clue wud help meeeeee...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Many people don't answer because they don't use Cassini, let alone play Shining Force Scenearios in it. People don't use Cassini simpy because it is inferior in almost every single aspect when pitted against SSF.

If it the game works in SSF and not in Cassini, then SSF is what you should be using. Besides, if you need to change the images in order to make them work in SSF then it's clear that Cassini does many unorthodox things to make games run, and that in turn is nowhere near proper emulation.

Ok so. Don't use CDs. Use mounted image. If you really must use CDs make sure that Cassini reads from the right drive. Same thing if you are using mounted image. Let me reiterate: If a game boots and plays and later gives a CD read error (or what ever error you might encounter), check that the CD image you have is not corrupt. When you are absolutely sure that your image/CD is positively free of errors, but the Cassini still gives you errors, get used to the idea that Cassini just plain sucks for good reasons and switch emulators.

OP
K

kamin

LOL I see only local emu's for local people.......next ya'll be butchering Cassini in the back with your Aunt's who are also your darn sisters!
Well fair comment, if no one likes Cassini i dont suppose many have encountered much in the way of problems considering you wouldnt be using it, i have settled on SSF (the poor cousin[who's also your aunt haha]) for now, and id be hugely surprised if you didnt at least play shining force on a saturn emulator, it's the reason they were created!

Anyway, later skaters.

Borisz

kamin said:
and id be hugely surprised if you didnt at least play shining force on a saturn emulator, it's the reason they were created!
Shining Force 3 sucks. Radiant Silvergun is a much better reason for saturn emulators.

OP
K

kamin

Oh ive heard all about the stories, alas i think which ever works the best I'll use, regardless of moral or other implications. Dead moral me. :bouncy:
Radiant Silvergun you say? Yes, i've played that a few times, trouble is i kept dying and i found the game all too arcadeish for my liking, i like a good story - in depth and meaning, characters you progress and learn about, a good example would be Grandia, Mystaria, SHINING FORCE III - the game god bestowed to all good men (and women although they dont play it as well i've heard).

Thanks !

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Shining force 3 is indeed one of the best games ever made, and probably the best S-RPG - and that's before factoring in scenario's two and three. Grandia was a very fun, and long game(loved the battle system), and Mysteria was great. There's nothing quite like the feeling of having 4-5 enemies all standing in a row, and then getting hawk to straight/omega shoot through them all. ^_^