What's new

Trouble building

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Warning: Unknown UCODE!!!
[...]
this dialog gets in the way and will not close therefore it's hard to test the emulator
Apart from that i heard crackling sound (expected due to poor performance in pure interpretrer) but the OpenGL window does not even seem to be updated, it remains filled with random artifacts, mainly from other windows

This dialog does not work. Some 2D games I've tried have had this problem (i.e. Puyo Puyo 4) and the dialog freezes the whole emulator. Your best bet is to use a different plugin once they become available.

On the flip side, the blank screen is not right. I'm going to guess the core is screwing up badly, or glN64 is not doing anything. Or both. How we tell is a new problem... How would we? anyone have ideas as to how?

OP
A

Auria

Well if that dialog does indeed freeze the whole emulator, then there's no need to search any further, I get it everytime i try to run something, that would be the (perhaps indirect) cause of the problems

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Hold up, I think I know what's going on. If you get it every time, it must be falling to the bug glN64 had a while back. I think there is some data that needs/needn't be byte swapped that is being used wrong.

The fix I do not know. I didn't fix it the first time, I spent a very long time trying...

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hold up, I think I know what's going on. If you get it every time, it must be falling to the bug glN64 had a while back. I think there is some data that needs/needn't be byte swapped that is being used wrong.

The fix I do not know. I didn't fix it the first time, I spent a very long time trying...

I was planning on someday doing a diff between mupen64 0.5 and the Mac OSX version of 0.5. I bet the fix is in there.