What's new

Tony Hawk 2 Does Not Work on My Chankast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshift

I have downloaded Chankast in order to play the Dream Cast Version of Tony Hawk 2.

I have downloaded bc_bios, and set up the controls just fine. But it seems I facing some problems to play the game.

The game has a CDI File. What I have done with that is :

1) Burnt with nero as an image to a cd.

Didn't worked giving me the "Put The Disc" error.I later found out that chankast does not like cds.

2) Mount the CDI file in the virtual Cd Rom.

This does NOT give me the "Put The Disc" error, but when i go on PLAY, it
just restarts itself. And asks me to set the time for two times for some strange reason.

What is going wrong here guys ?

What are your suggestions ?

Any reply will be greatly appriciated.

BountyJedi

i think it is you also need the dc_flash and to format the memory card in the bios first also you should be using chankast o.2a old gfx casue otherwise youll get annoying glitches ingame though for edeting skaters you might want to use new gfx cause the text in the boxes cant be seen without that you have to swap as for now and 0.25 dont have old gfx (as far as i know)

OP
T

theshift

BountyJedi said:
i think it is you also need the dc_flash and to format the memory card in the bios first also you should be using chankast o.2a old gfx casue otherwise youll get annoying glitches ingame though for edeting skaters you might want to use new gfx cause the text in the boxes cant be seen without that you have to swap as for now and 0.25 dont have old gfx (as far as i know)

1) Im downloading ChankastAlpha02a, so i won't have those annoying glitches ingame you were talking about :p.
2) I cant seem to find dc flash in any searches i have done. Can you pm the address for the download please?
3) How can i format my memory card in the bios ?

OP
T

theshift

Ok I downloaded and installed ChankastAlpha02a but still having the exact problems that I did with the newer one. Anyhow I didnt expect it to work anyway, just to avoid future glitch ingame problems.

Anyway- There IS dc flash in the folder after I extract the bios, so I guess I won't need to get it.

Hmm I wonder if formating my "memory card" in the bios would help

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
No, you need another dc_flash.bin file otherwise you cannot run the emulator. Use google to find it because it's not allowed to ask for it in these forums.

OP
T

theshift

Run the emulator?

Dude the emulator runs fine. It's that it doesnt run the game, instead
it keeps restarting itself.If the dc flash prevents me from playing the game, then I will search for it , but at the moment, the emulator runs fine..........

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
To prevent the emulator from restarting itself you need a new dc_flash.bin file.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Bad luck dude, you're on your own on this. You won't find this kind of help in these forums.

Advice: Edit your post in order to avoid an almost certain ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.