What's new

To the Developers: 1964 on the PSP

icedragn43

I have been doing some digging around and can only find the source for 0.85, is there any source available for 0.99?

It would be awesome to have a quality emulator such as yours, or PJ64, on the psp!

What are your thoughts on this? Viable? Interested?

If you answered yes and no, then again i come to the question, is there source for 0.99 available? if not, is the source for 0.85 all one would need to start porting?

Thanks,
- icedragn43

eternalcold

Okay, i wont harass you because you really dont have any info on psp homebrew.
For one, there is already an n64 emulator for the PSP but it runs around 12 fps MAX.
You also cant just port the emulator and expect it to run. the psp is not powerful enough to competely emulate the N64 system. It is said that the system has to be 3 times more powerful than the system it is trying to emulate. You would have better luck coding an entire emulator FROM SCRATCH to get it to run even halfspeed with sound. and that is STILL pushin it a bit.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Copy and paste from my other post:

Why waste their time porting their emulator that can barely run on a machine twice the speed of the PSP, when they can just keep developing for the PC? The answer: Screw that. Tough luck it aint gonna happen. I'm yet to see n64 emulation [On The PSP] running at complete full speed any game so I personally feel that its a waste of time atm.

With something new here: Shove off pipsqweak, this is a request and i'm sure thats against this and project64's forum rules.

Last edited: