What's new

timer bug in MM

Mornox

Hello,

I got everything running now and enjoy playing Zelda MM (E) (M4) (1.0) on Project 64 2.0 with N-Rage 2.3 controller plugin and Glide 64 of May 2012.

yet there is one rather annoying bug. the timer of mini games and similar goes significantly faster than normal while movement speed isnt increased. that makes most mini games almost impossible. i just managed some with using levitate cheats.

Is there a solution to this? never read of this bug.

Thank you for your ideas.

Zera

I've noticed this problem in other games too. Turok 2 and Pilotwings run way faster than they should, but the sounds and music are oddly playing at the regular speed (Emulator reports 60 VI/s at all times). It's as if the console was overclocked or something.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i don't see this happening in the U version, though im only testing it against the 6 minute timer after it hits midnight of the final day.

can you check there as well?

OP
M

Mornox

its not happening on the midnight timer at the end. its not the same timer type as in the mini games though. for my testing i just did the labyrinth game in east clock town. it runs about double of normal time speed.

i thought of a workaround, the only games i cant win so far are the two archery games for quivers. does someone have a working code for the 50 arrow quiver? i only find gameshark codes that dont seem to work. (or am i doing something wrong?)

squall_leonhart

all timing in the game should be calculated the same way based off a division of the n64 clock rate.

the timer at the end of the game should be faster as well.

i should be able to reproduce this in OoT by entering death mountain without the goron tunic.....

and i can't.... hmm......

Zera, your issue is different, the game itself is actually moving faster in your case.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

It certainly does not occur under 1.6,

And the worst of it is it is present with the 2.1 interpreter core, though not as severely.....

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

oops, said recompiler instead of interpreter. Oddly though, interpreter isn't as far off as the recompiler core, so that is a valid work around for the time beeing.

I believe the Timers in OoT were running faster then they should have been as well

Zera

It seems the games run at the correct speed if you set Vi Refresh Rate to 1500. I don't know if that would fix the timer issue though.