What's new

There are a version that not require installation?

Fallen§Angel

Hi, (sorry for my english, i'm italian)

I want to know if exist a version of project 64 1.6 that not require installation...

I'm tired of reinstall it any time after a format and set all option

Allnatural

No, but you could make your own. Just make a backup of the installation folder.

Settings are stored in the registry though, so you'll still have to reconfigure it if you do a reformat.

OP
F

Fallen§Angel

No, but you could make your own. Just make a backup of the installation folder.

Settings are stored in the registry though, so you'll still have to reconfigure it if you do a reformat.

Uhhmm, but if i install it into partition used for data storage, after a format o SO partition, the program will continue to work normally? (i remebmer that i tryied this option, and program run normally without reinstallation)

Allnatural

Uhhmm, but if i install it into partition used for data storage, after a format o SO partition, the program will continue to work normally? (i remebmer that i tryied this option, and program run normally without reinstallation)
Yes, but you'll have to reconfigure the settings.

ThomasH

PJ64 1.6 is a stand alone program. The installer is just to uncompressed and setup some handy shortcuts. You can just copy and past the files to any drive you like. The program does save setup files and save game saves so the emulator and roms have to be on a read/write enabled drive.

Clements

You could export the specific registry keys of a fully set up PJ64 with Regedit to create a registry settings file. Double-click the reg file on a different machine to restore your settings.

OP
F

Fallen§Angel

PJ64 1.6 is a stand alone program. The installer is just to uncompressed and setup some handy shortcuts. You can just copy and past the files to any drive you like. The program does save setup files and save game saves so the emulator and roms have to be on a read/write enabled drive.

ahh ok... but the setup generate registry key too, right??

And if i copy project64 folder on another drive, without perform a bakup of reg key, this key will never be create?

Clements

The key is created when you launch the program. The installation does not actually add anything on its own. The installation's most important purpose is only to make PJ64 easier to remove for people who don't know how to use Regedit.

Allnatural

Since we're on the topic...

Have zilmar/Jabo considered storing the configuration to a file instead of the registry? Seems more straight-forward to me (though I'm not a programmer). Is there an advantage to using the registry?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
already considered and implemented in 1.7, as is pergame graphic settings.
theres no information for the input 1.1 spec yet though...