• Better supporting on non-popular play games

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Better and faster frame buffer emulation

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Better supporting on 2D sprite, especially in OpenGL

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Better supporting to low end video cards with DirectX, or/and OpenGL

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Better graphics effects with 2xSAI, bilinear, or better DirectX combiner and OpenGL 1.2/1.3/1.4 comb

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Support 16 bit color buffer

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

jack

mightyrocket said:
Faster speed of course! People with low-end comps (like me :D ) are still searching for a plugin with fast speed!

I'm with you bro. Been playing games like MarioKart without sound for too long now. It puzzles me why I can manage to get 100+FPS with PSX emulation, but can't get decent speed with N64 emus on a P3 533.

Rice, your plugin has inproved tremendously since the last version. I am especially impress with the speed increase. I am also surprised at the improved rendering quality. One instance where your plugin surpass the others in quality is in MarioKart. The Cup selection screen is almost perfectly rendered, unlike other plugins which seen to suffer from a serious texture misalign.

Once again good job with the plugin. If you can improve the speed for Mariokart by 10-15fps, I thank you. Good luck.

stormyandcol

Helium Wish are coming...
i voted for rare games support which leads me onto something that no plugin can do atm and what i'd really like to see...

full ucode support plus ability for the plugin to change ucode (would help fix the dk64 problems) may be problematic since the emu handles it atm, but, maybe it could be implemented or a future version of 1964 could let the gfx plugin handle the ucodes.
(just an idea, i dunno how it all works :blush: )

also, some work on games that exhibit weird screen problems like South Park Rally and Mario Tennis (specifically at the start of a new game where the screen is split diagonally with each character in its own half of the screen and a vs in the middle)

would also love to see Mario Golf and KIgold emulated better, 1964 + jabo's 1.40 run very playably but theres still a fair bit of slow down during matches.

Support for the remaining 2 Star wars games that aren't playable atm would be cool (Rogue Squadron + Battle for Naboo).

some more work on Resident Evil 2 (+try and get the fmvs to work). and last but not least, fix F-zero menus and make the ships shiny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you've made excellent progress with the last couple of releases, greatly anticipating future releases.:satisfied:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
icepir8 said:
What! No all of the above. :p

same here lol where's the all of the above option maaaaaaaaaan

:daedalus:

anyway, I think it would be great if you can show support for game that aren't to popular since most of the plugins foucs on the popluar games (which usualy are the hardest to emulate IMO )

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
No, there is no "All above" option. You are right, popular games are the hardest ones to emulate, and non-popular games are usually the easier ones.

Riven

In other thread schibo told that 1964 will be faster, then maybe faster video plugin won't be the first choice.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i don't really know where to begin with Silicon Valley, this game is really buggy, but i've got 5 screenshots anyway! :)

1st shot, the intro, the robot and the ship 3d models are not there at all:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
loads of glitches in this shot, this is an in game shot, the trees edges should be transparent, the 3 dots is supposed to be a sheep, (the 3d models that the sheep uses changes from good to bad alot) other sprite problems too,

Also there should be a bar at the bottom of the screen with health and stuff

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the menu at the start is difficult to do anything with because it remains the same no matter what you do :p

Btw i've got a TV capture card if you want to see how these should look on a real n64, this game is really fun, but overlooked by many, its an excellent platformer with some unique ideas of its own, you've just got to play it! :)

scotty

The Great One
Sayargh, Body Harvest is a ROM I have that has always been difficult to emulate, heck I cant even cross the bridges in Greece, it is that difficult. I am just too lazy to get out my old N64 and play the game. Silicon Vallley, I never did get around to play.
Oh that reminds me, what version of Body Harvest is that, the (U) (!)version?????

scotty

The Great One
Sorry remind me to get my glasses fixed, that is silicon Valley, that man with the red green and blue threw me off, even so that is DMA design, and they both have similar problems with the emulation, Ill show you:
The same guy, just of course with the green blob taking him away.

LD.

*poke*
Framebuffer gets my vote. It's the only thing that really needs work doing at the moment.