What's new

The one who guess what this is can get it

It was lost, and Mighty was searching deep in his archives, with in mind that he still has his beta-copy of it. Special for Smiff to do this, and after many hours work (don't ask how long) it's found and I hope it will never be lost again. I'm probably the only one who owns this. See this screenie and say what it is, and the prize is "this application".

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
It can't be UltraHLE. The textures are point-sampled... UHLE always used GLide, which does bilinear with literally zero performance hit, meaning there would've been no reason not to use it.

My guess is, Project Unreality.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
i really have no idea,
what am I posting for?
This is just an idea,
but is it beta 1964?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
mightyrocket said:
It was lost, and Mighty was searching deep in his archives, with in mind that he still has his beta-copy of it. Special for Smiff to do this, and after many hours work (don't ask how long) it's found and I hope it will never be lost again. I'm probably the only one who owns this. See this screenie and say what it is, and the prize is "this application".

TRWin (TrueReality)?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
What the hell does point sampled mean?

Look at the bottom of the screenshot, the texture gets very blocky up close (like PSX and Saturn textures); point sampling means the texture is not filtered.

Bilinear on the other hand is a filter that blurs the texture so that up close it doesn't look hellishly blocky.

My95ZR2

Um...I was looking at it again, and I knew I had seen something like that before...it dawned on me. It looked like a early verson of Nemu running on my Grandfather's 500Mhz with a crappy 16mb video card. That or I'd second the guess on the last beta of Corn...

Adam

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
considereing the non filtered background and the bad tree shadow, it just looks lime mario 64 been played on evoodo without texture filtering. lol

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
Look at the bottom of the screenshot, the texture gets very blocky up close (like PSX and Saturn textures); point sampling means the texture is not filtered.

Hmm...never heard that term before. I always just called it "unfiltered" :p

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
Hmm...never heard that term before. I always just called it "unfiltered" :p

Hehehe ^_^ Sorry, I'm just a nerd, don't worry about it...

The term comes from the fact that one pixel -> one texture sample, i.e. textures are sampled at one point, rather than 4 for bilinear filtering. :)