What's new

The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition: Little bits and bobs

CKemu

Well after mucking around with The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition disc so that I could play the 3 demo areas of Wind Waker (Method described below), I decided to take alook at the other TGC files contained on the disc.

Method to Play Zelda WW Demo said:
The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition [PZLP 45C7] (EUR)

This game goes to menus, and no further....UNLESS you open up the GCM in a GCM extractor, and extract ZL_WindWakerPALSHOP_final_2003-09-26_16-45-37.tgc, with this file extracted you then have to use a TGC to GCM convertor, to make a new GCM based on this file, if you then take your new GCM and run it with dolphin, you will be pleasently suprised ;)....

Tools you will need to do this are:
TGC to GCM Convertor
GCM Reader

Firstly, when all the TGC's are converted to GCMs, you will note, that 3 have banners..., Zelda WW demo, Zelda 1 and Zelda 2, even with descriptions :D

z04.jpg

EUR_NES_ZELDA1
Comes with it's own banner and description, boots in dolphin, asking for you to make a memory card save, then only shows 'borked' graphics, you can press 'start' and that will pull up a menu, but otherwise, totally unplayable. GCMiso reader only shows openning.bnr....

EUR_NES_ZELDA2
Comes with it's own banner and description, boots in dolphin, asking for you to make a memory card save, then only shows 'borked' graphics, you can press 'start' and that will pull up a menu, but otherwise, totally unplayable. GCMiso reader only shows openning.bnr....

majora_PAL_100403c
This will instantly crash dolphin, but if you open up your converted TGC in GCM iso reader, you will see a file called zelda2p.n64, extract it and put it in your Project 64 roms directory, and voila, Zelda MM :p

retrospec_movie_PAL_final03
Simply contains a THP file, if you extract this from the converted TGC (so it's in GCM format and can be openned with GCM reader), you can then play the THP in THPplayer for a nice video.

z03.jpg

windwaker_movie_PAL_final3
Again contains a movie.thp, which can be played for anouther movie, this time showing off the modern Zelda WW video.

z02.jpg

zelda_PAL_093003
This will instantly crash dolphin, but if you open up your converted GCM in GCM iso reader, you will see a file called zlp_f.n64, hehe, extract it and then just put it in your Project 64 roms directory, and voila, Zelda OOT :p

ZL_WindWakerPALSHOP_final_2003-09-26_16-45-37
When converted from TGC to GCM, this demo can be booted with dolphin, allowing you to 'play' three different areas from the main game, much like the full retail version it will crash when gettiing an inventory item, so if you need a key for a dungeon, you won't be able to play further as the game will hang as soon as you get the key :(

z01.jpg

If you open the converted TGC in a GCM iso reader, you will see the expected directory layout containing maps, audio etc.

Last edited:

Coco

français
Vous ne trouverez pas quelqu'un qui va traduire pour toi simplement parce que vous ne parlez pas anglais. Si vous ne pouvez pas comprendre utilisant un traducteur. ( http://babel.altavista.com/tr ) Il ne sera pas parfait mais il vous donnera une idée.

La plupart des person ici ne sait pas le français.

English
I just said if he wants things translated to french since he doesn't know english to use a translator to get a rough idea (for anyone who felt left out).

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Coco,

Thank you..make sure he can find a translated like google tool language or something like that. :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Messed with the built in save data a bit. It seems this build will call anything other than the original data corrupt, and force an erase. What I did to the file *should* have simply recorded Link as having all items (the same changes do in my normal WW build), but it doesn't. Perhaps to prevent hackers from getting the full game for nothing.

When you erase the file a new game will start like normal, and there's no time limit like there is in the normal demo. It doesn't let you enter your name, but every character calls you Link by default. I haven't played enough to see if this is the complete game, but judging by the files in the ISO, it is.

I've attached the save file.. just use GC-Tool and open the WW Demo ISO you got from the collector's edition, go to GCMROOT>RES>SHOPDEMO, and replace the zelda_save.bin file with the one I attached.

On a side note, Dolphin seems to like the P4 architecture quite well.

Last edited:

coolcat12

Sorry to bump this but I cannot get the TGC to GCM thing to open it opens CMD real quick and closes right away. I am not trying to play WW but am trying to playthe other games. I extracted the files to TGC but cannot open the converter.

Last edited: