What's new

The Journey of a Nintendo DS

sheik124

Emutalk Member
whoa, talk about raising a dead thread :D
Why do people with PSPs taunt the video/music capabilities? If you want any decent movies or TV eps on there, you need the PSP itself (say 270 USD after tax) and then a 1 GB MS Duo Pro (120 USD), wtf, for that much you can get an Archos or something.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
Nintendogs? I won't hear a word against it. Gamespot video makes it look quite a funny and unusual thing to play. It has a frisbee, and voice/whistle recognition, c'mon!

Well it arrived this morning, so I'll occasionally glance over to the screen of the DS my girlfriend will be playing, whilst exploring these new maps on Halo 2.

I'll let you know what I can. ;)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well Nintendogs finally arrived today.

After numerous online translators, the puppy has finally been named (via the micophone), and now knows how to sit when you yell "sit" at your DS. I think this is one of those games that you don't play in public. ;)

All seems good at the moment - actually surprised at how good the graphics are and how much you can interact with the puppy's themselves.

Impressed.

Will try to get some photos later, assuming I can yank the DS off my girlfriend for long enough.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Must... resist... ebay!
Wait for... English translationnnnnnarrggghhhhhhhhhh... dammit that took some self-control.
At least until I check the bank account tomorrow. Ahem. ;)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
She's been playing it with the translation guide at GameFAQs.com, and she assures me that it is 100% playable.

FYI, she is spending around 3-5 hours per day playing Nintendogs, so it must work!

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Jaz said:
She's been playing it with the translation guide at GameFAQs.com, and she assures me that it is 100% playable.

FYI, she is spending around 3-5 hours per day playing Nintendogs, so it must work!

Darn, my 64-bit spending spree means I'll be waiting another 2 weeks or so before I can order a copy. I feel both extreme PC speed pleasure and lack of Nintendogs pain both at once... :plain:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Damnit, must, resist, urge, to buy a fuckload of DS games, argh, can't........
-$$$
<vader>nooooooooooooooooooo!</vader>

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I challenge anyone to watch this video of Electroplankton (after about the 1 min 50 point) and NOT instantly run over to lik-sang and place an order. Uh, not that I just did... ahem. :whistling

(No idea who is hosting this)
Electroplankton Video
Okay... I'll make it even easier;
Buy! Buy! Buy!
This and Nintendogs have actually rekindled my interest in the DS as a Unique Gaming Platform [t.m.]

mix

Stalkid64 said:
I challenge anyone to watch this video of Electroplankton (after about the 1 min 50 point) and NOT instantly run over to lik-sang and place an order. Uh, not that I just did... ahem. :whistling

(No idea who is hosting this)
Electroplankton Video
Okay... I'll make it even easier;
Buy! Buy! Buy!
This and Nintendogs have actually rekindled my interest in the DS as a Unique Gaming Platform [t.m.]

I must get Electroplankton when it comes out...too bad i'm broke. Maybe my mom will lend me some money.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Apparently it'll be a Japan only release by the sounds of it now. First week sales in Japan were pretty terrible at just 5,000 or so units and it has bombed pretty spectacularly since. Strange as it seems to be a popular title for importing and most people seem to enjoy it. Not to everyone's taste of course but it'd be sad if it never made it out of Japan. I'll post some impressions once it arrives.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I was thinking of possibly going along the lines of short mp3's for that particular "game/art/music/entertainment/whateverthef-ck/experience". It'll be a nice one to hook up to the PC's 5.1 speaker system. The sad thing is, I left lik-sang's free postage offer on and they picked airmail this time which means it may actually arrive before Nintendogs, or I'm left waiting 20 days or so.
Now, let us all pray to our relevant idols that customs don't interfere with new DS joy by insisting on hitting me with that annoyance we all know and revile. The one thing that ruins the arrival of any new game; Import duty. :yucky:

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
For those who want to hear a couple of random "pure" DS recordings from Electroplankton.... these are meant more as an example of sound quality and a rough example of what a few hits can produce rather than any composition merit. ;)