What's new

The Future is coming... or came?

Miretank

Lurking
hey all of you, can you imagine Emutalk here in 5 or 10 years?
will we be here to remember 2005?
i just wonder the number of posts of the ones who are here since 2001 :D

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
MiretanK.O said:

What about those of us who've been here even longer? :p
Post counts would be insane were it not for Martin's updating of the boards. We curse him to this very day. ;)
If you counted up the posts used during the Great Flame War [t.m.] and circa 2000, well it would be scary numbers. Five more years? Well I couldn't imagine it five years ago, but some of us just seem to be drawn here against our will.

Last edited:
OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
yeah, you're right. i did not even have a pc in 2001 :p
it will be cool when someone reaches the 10000 posts mark hey
will we discuss emulators for ps3 and new generation consoles in the future?
i just wonder...hehe

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I guess that my 10000th post would be something like "you can't dump Playstation 5 disks using an ordinary drive but even if you could there isn't a PC that is fast enough to run PS5 games fullspeed"... (Some things never change, huh? ;))

Davemc

Dave
Well, I vaguely remember the old forums, though a bit dis-interested back then. Four years on and I'm still here, so in another five years, I'll probably still be here and the boards will be the same. They haven't really changed at all since the move to vBulletin, to be honest. Only a few good members going missing.

skull1

im9i7
Years ago, i still remember the buggy ikon board the emutalk uses. I read there was too many probs that's why we are using vbulletin now.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
talking about future, i read something really interesting: playstation 3 have 1% of human's brain processing power, and, according to Ian Pearson, one director of British Telecom, in 2050 we'll be able to DOWNLOAD brains, and before- in 2020-, computers will be able to feel emotions. cool it isn't?
what you guys think about this? will emutalk upload "memories" or "thoughts" to download? :happy: or is this just imagination?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
MiretanK.O said:
If i'm still alive in 5 years, probably. [Morbid, no? ;)] I've only been here since 2002, though.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'll probably still be around in 5 years. If it's lasted this long then what's 5 more years? I'm just waiting to see someone hit the 10000 post mark, hell maybe even 20000 in 5 years. By that time we'll be discussing the ps3 emulation if pc's are fast enough to run it.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
...some emu developers in 5 years..." i don't have enough time to debug the engine cause my little son cries every hour! i'm going to work like a zombie cause last entire night he/she cried with colic... but don't worry people, i'll realese the WIP soon ok? let me get back to here, my baby woke up again.." hahahahaha...

Gorxon

Administrator
Some emu authors actually have kids already, so it seems like that's an overcomable obstacle. Anyhow, the boards have indeed been around much longer than this version, but it's been so long I can't even remember for how long exactly...I gotta get out of here :p