What's new

The fastest configuration

A small question: Very much games are running almost perfect, but not all at a full speed (like perfect dark, super smash bros (4 player)). What's the optimal cofiguration with 1964 and Jabo's plugin for maximal speed.

Rice

Emulator Developer
The fastest configuration:

CPU P4 3000 Hz / Geforce4 GTX

Just kidding.

In fact, my computer is only PIII-600 / Geforce2 MX-400. You can try to increase the CPU counter setting iin the ROM options to see if speed is better. At sometime, graphics plugins are doing things slower than expected and uses most of your computer CPU, then the only thing you can do to increase the game speed is to update your computer CPU.

You may also search old posts to find many suggestions about your question.

Rice

shark1686

i actually was quite suprised how good a 600mhz can emulate a n64 (i myself have a 600mhz) i found that every game i play runs very fast without sound on 1964

Rice

Emulator Developer
Why play without sound? With your PIII 600 and a good video card, you can have decend sound and full speed for most games.

oliverm65

thats certainly not true of games like perfect dark rice. i have 1.8 ghz and still it doesnt run as smooth as id like, due to the sound plugins i think.

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
I know games do run better without sound, but what's the difference between No sound and no sound 2.0?

Rice

Emulator Developer
oliverm65 said:
thats certainly not true of games like perfect dark rice. i have 1.8 ghz and still it doesnt run as smooth as id like, due to the sound plugins i think.

What graphics card do you have? I did not play PD, but as I remember at the time I get the game working, the speed is fine at my PIII-600. I do have Geforce2 MX400. For your 1.8G CPU, it should play just fine.

Rice

Emulator Developer
mightyrocket said:
I know games do run better without sound, but what's the difference between No sound and no sound 2.0?

To get better speed (if you want), you can use Azimer 0.13b, or 0.30(old) audio plugins. Again, if a game runs slow, it is usually caused by the graphics plugin, or just because of you video card.

Pay attention to the status bar, if you see that video plugin is using your CPU more than 50%, then it is the problem.

You can use smaller window to play, I usually use 640x480 window, or 1024x768 full screen to play games, works fine for me for most popular games.

Last edited: