What's new

The audio is very choppy...

Wyclef

My problem: the audio is skipping. It seems to happen in all games. I'm using 1964 version 0.8.5 and Azimer's Audio v0.40 Beta 2. I've tried to change the plug-in settings (I read about it in one of the "stickies"), but with no results. The only way I can get the audio to stop skipping is by using "sync gameplay to audio" but then the games slow down a bit. :plain:

My PC is: PIII-1GHz, 256 RAM, GeForce2 GTS, SoundBlaster Live! and Windows XP Professional. I'm using DirectX9 and the latest official Detonator XP 43.45.

Any suggestions?

OP
W

Wyclef

The Live! is pretty ancient so I don't think an update has come in ages... I think that XP's own drivers are adequate enough.

Plisco

Sevillian
Try reading through this thread . This goes through some audio solutions. Also try azimers newest audio .50.2 from his site

OP
W

Wyclef

Now things are really messed up... I figured that the cause might be the kxAudio drivers I'm using (they're great for other purposes than games), so I uninstalled them.

Now I can't get any sound at all! I did find a new driver set at Creative's website, but for some reason it doesn't install the driver for the "mixer"??? What the f? The loudspeaker icon isn't visible in the lower right corner of the screen, so that alone tells that something's wrong.

Trotterwatch

If you want the speaker icon, go to Start>Run and type sndvol32

You can check to see if it has become muted for some reason in there.

OP
W

Wyclef

About that missing icon - I just thought that it was an indication that something's wrong. Typing "sndvol32" did bring up the mixer. I tried running Creative Diagnostics and every test passed (well not the "test speakers" obviously) - still no sound.

The only weird thing is that there's some odd "Legacy audio drivers" under Device Manager, and they can't be removed. I don't think they've caused any problems before, though (I don't even know what they're for).

Last edited:

Clements

Before you do anything else, I recommend a system restore, and go back in time to a date when your audio worked properly.

OP
W

Wyclef

OK. I uninstalled the current drivers, reinstalled some older ones and then reinstalled the most recent ones. Now I've got sound but the audio in 1964 is still very choppy and skips a lot. I think I tried those 0.50.2 drivers but at least with WWF No Mercy I didn't get them to work.

OP
W

Wyclef

Yep. As I mentioned in my first post, that was the first thing I did. It didn't seem to help.

Clements

Did you use the RSP Plugin with Azimer's 0.50.2? If not you don't get sound. It comes with Project64, just copy it to the 1964 dir. and check use RSP in the change plugins menu. I get seemless audio that way :)

OP
W

Wyclef

A lot better! There's still some minor "glitches" but a great improvement, nevertheless. :) I actually did have the RSP plug-in but I didn't realise Azimer's plug-in required it. By the way, should the "send audio to audio plug-in" be selected in the RSP settings, or not?

Edit: Well, WWF No Mercy at least works almost perfectly. Perfect Dark and Conker's BFD on the other hand, don't.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Check send audio lists to plugin only if you're using an hle sound plugin. Ie, azimer's pre-version 5 plugins (4, 3, etc). Do NOT check when using azimer's version 5 or jabo's sound.