What's new

Thanks for all the hard work

Minolta

I may be new, but I've been coming to these forums on Emutalk for several years now during the beginning of my N64 emulation period. I just wanted to drop in and thank the hard working developers for the great job they are performing in making an actual working emulator for the GameCube.

Programming an emulator is a thankless job many times, with greedy members who constantly demand releases to be better and faster with each new version. These programmers are human like us and have other needs to take care of besides their on life community which is a Hobby to most unlike myself as I actually spend way too much time on my computer around 16+ hours a day and this includes work.

So, I thank each of you who are working on this and all other emulators as well! Hopefully this isn't against the rules and if it is, perhaps it'll slide due to it's a heartfelt thanks for the hard work.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Now this is the kind of thread we need instead of some idiot askin how to run their favouite game.

Last edited:

Pky

Really... if you see the forum, you will see people saying it doesn't work, work better, it really makes you want to stop doing this. But this, people who help them, who cheer them, that's what they need. :bouncy:

Melonman64

I am also proud of what the programmers have been able to do so far
Gamecube has been out only 4 years and the emulators work, but are slow only due to CPU power
a major achievement in my mind
I wish to make my own emulator, but I have not had the time to learn how to program

RockoWallaby

I agree.

The people who code these programs do a fantastic job. To me its just amazing to see software written for other types of hardware run on a completely different system.

I too have followed the emulation scene for a long time, sure I like to play the old favourite game or two from previous systems I have had setup, but its also the fascination. I'd love to get in the game with the people who do the coding but I just don't have the smarts.

Its amazing what you guys do. keep up the great work.