What's new

Texture Dumping Plugin.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

For Mario, you need to click on ucode 1 then ucode 0 before it will save it correctly. This is a known issue.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
ok going to try that as soon as i get home

EDIT
nope still not working.

IF I'm in fullscreen i can't switch back 2 the menu (ctrl-alt-del 2 close pj)

IF i try window mode it crashes after i change the Ucode

Last edited:

milen

For Voodoo users I recommend one program that converts opengl to directx GLDirect 3.0 it's shareware for 21 days but you can chage the date back and it will work again.You must use most compitability mode. It's a lot faster and fot tr64 opengl plugin.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
errors

I get errors, errors and more errors... ???

I still didnt get it to work. I tried a few ROMs, including SM64 and MK64 ... any emulator I try, I get emu-crash and often system crash.
I'm in *NEED* to dump images from MK64, for use on my Nintendo news website. Any suggestion appreciated!!!

Ice, I'd *love* to see something really "bug-free" from you ???

(PM for Ice: did you receive my letter?)

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
I'm also only getting 'Wrong UCode' and 'Fatal Graphics Emulation error/exception' (forgot the last one). Your non-texture-dumping plugin works OK, but this one not.. I did create several subfolders named 'Tiles' in the Plugin dirs of Pj64 and 1964.

And I'm also a sort of person who is REALLY desperate tou get his hands on N64 textures. I've tried the following games; SM64, DiddyKongRacing, Zelda, MK64 and some more. I don't know if anyone has succesfully dumped textures so far, if so please say how you did it.

And Icepir8, I really appreciate your work, I'm not flaming you, I just want the plugin to do what you say it can do.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Not in th plugin dir!

example

C:\tr64 <- where TR64.exe is located
C:\tr64\plugin <- where TD_tr_ogl.dll is located
C:\tr64\tiles <- where textures are dumped to.

Originaly posted by MADrigal
Ice, I'd *love* to see something really "bug-free" from you

Ok I'll not release anymore utill they are bug free......

Last edited:

aprentice

icepir8 said:
Not in th plugin dir!

example

C:\tr64 <- where TR64.exe is located
C:\tr64\plugin <- where TD_tr_ogl.dll is located
C:\tr64\tiles <- where textures are dumped to.

Ok I'll not release anymore utill they are bug free......

If microsoft followed that idea, we wouldnt have had windows =p

Flash

Technomage
FirebrandX said:
I downloaded and installed the Glsetup program, but it seemed to do absolutely nothing to the help the problem. I also noticed I can't go into full screen mode on TR plugins. Must be another 3DFX problem.

Grab this MiniGL dll
and put in your emu folder. You will aitomatically go fullscreen.
I've also got fullscreen in Satourne with this dll

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Ice I didnt mean to offend you. Sorry if I did it ???

PM again: did you receive my letter or should I suppose it's been stolen?

PS: btw if anyone was able to dump tiles from MK64, please contact me as I'm in URGENT need of few of them.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Madrigal stated:
Btw, your previous explanation said "place a Tiles DIR in the Plugin directory"... that's all!

Try reading what Icepir8 stated once more.... the relevant section is quoted again for your reading pleasure... do you see your mistake?.... yep he said in the same directory as "Plugin" is in, not in the plugins folder.

Icepir8 stated:
To use it you need to create a Sundirectory "Tiles" in the same directory as "plugin" is in.

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Aha, that clears it all up Ice. I'll try it out at home. And don't hestitate to release 'non-bug-free' things; I'm perfectly happy with any N64 emu related thing/plugin I can get my hands on. I don't know anything about programming or N64 technology, so I totally respect your work. Thanks again for the plugin. :)

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Trotter, I immediately edited that part of the message as soon as I read Ice's message again. I misread it actually.

Btw, I've been able to make the plugin work on 1964 0.8.5 and got lots of tiles from MK64 :D

Great job Ice, I've been waiting for such a plugin/util for long time! :)

Ghostpilot

Question.

Is it possible to change the backgroundcolor of the dumps?

The background is black.
Most of the graphics in N64games are very dark, so it´s hard to make out the edges of the sprite that´s ripped.

It would be very useful if the backgroundcolor could be changed to cyan (RGB 0,255,255).

Will be happy for an answer.
/Tony

OP
icepir8

icepir8

icepir8 said:
I am not going to activly support texture dumping at this point. So don't bother me with It doesn't dump X texture from Y game right.

Your request has been noted.....
But as you see, I never intenteded to support this as its own project or even as a secondary minor version. I released this for a few people who really needed something. Maybe this was a misstake. If you want something better you will need to wait or find a better tool somewhere else.

Cya,

Icepir8