What's new

super smash brothers

metsfan

a few textures are missing wehn i do online mode with project64k, namely the hand you use to select your cahracter. Also several other things like Link's bombs and everyone's shield are flat. any fixes for this?

Last edited:

Coredo

Nolife
Well, this isn't really the right place to post this topic as you're talking about Project64k, not Project64.

But if you want better graphics you should take the latest Jabo's plugin from PJ64 1.6, rename it to what it's called in PJ64k and use it instead.

OP
M

metsfan

i didn't see a PJ64k forum, or i would have posted it there

The problem only occurs during online play. If i play a single player game on PJ64k, all the textures are there, but in online play, they arent. It makes playing the game rather annoying. Does anyone know any fixes?

Iconoclast

I've played SSB a few times under Project64k. I think it works rather reasonably; you shouldn't be getting these graphics issues. Specify your graphics card, please.
But if you want better graphics you should take the latest Jabo's plugin from PJ64 1.6, rename it to what it's called in PJ64k and use it instead.
If you mean renaming the dll file, that won't work. If you mean renaming the internal plugin name, that might just work in a sense, but you'd need a binary editor to do that. I use MS-DOS, but even then, Jesus, it seems that Jabo's plugins are encoded in a way that prevents this, so I cannot test this out.

Inevitably, Jabo's Direct3D 7 will, therefore, be loaded on KailleraClient initialization unless you use 1964 or Nemu64 instead. May I suggest using glN64 on 1964 emulator instead? If too slow or missing graphics, switch back to the infamous Rice's Daedalus for pretty good speed and fair enough graphics. Graphics can be improved later.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Jabo's D3D7 doesn't work properly unless set to 16bit colour due to changes to display drivers regarding the 32bit z buffer....

OP
M

metsfan

My video card is a Nvidia 6600 GT 128mb

the graphics are there when i do not play online, even in versus mode against computers, the missing graphics only occur in online play

i am currently using jabo's D3D8 plugin. Should i try setting it to 16 bit colors and seeing if it works?

Iconoclast

Jabo's D3D7 doesn't work properly unless set to 16bit colour due to changes to display drivers regarding the 32bit z buffer....
First, I meant D3D6, not 7.

Second, that's only for you. It used to happen to me as well until I reinstalled my drivers (newer version, not older) using Driver Magic.

squall_leonhart

First, I meant D3D6, not 7.

Second, that's only for you. It used to happen to me as well until I reinstalled my drivers (newer version, not older) using Driver Magic.

stop talking fud

the latest nvidia drivers do not support the 32bit Z Buffer, instead only supporting 16 and 24bit.

and the latest ATI drivers do not expose this option on cards newer then the 8500,, you need to use the Catalyse 4 series to expose it on the radeon 9xxx and newer cards are screwed.

this means that the Dx7 plugin can only be used in 16bit colour mode. (set the desktop to 16bit to get it loaded)

you can even pm Jabo about this if you like...

Iconoclast

Look, I'm not denying your video-API knowledge. Did I say I had a GeForce 8500+? No, I didn't; I said the plugin works for me. I was talking about my system, not the whole planets' systems.

Yes, I know, I said only for you, but you know what I meant....

squall_leonhart

actually i said RADEON 8500!

which was the last ATI card to have full support for the 32bit Z Buffer

the last Geforce card to fully support the Z buffer was and is the Geforce FX, but its been disabled in the driver since Detonator 50., the Geforce 6 and higher doesn't even support it.... i can't even emulate the 32bit zbuffer with 3danalyse.

if you own a Radeon 8x00.. (which isn't supported in new catalysts since 5.3) you were able to reenable it..... but you can't do this on newer cards....

the 32bit zbuffer is actually 24bit zbuffer + 8bit alpha channel