What's new

Super Smash Brothers - Graphics are really glitched

Revenant

PC specs :
1.5 gigz Intel PIV processor
128 megs RDRAM
64 megs video card ATI Radeon

Anyway, the colours are really messed up on the characters. For example, Mario and Luigi both have most of their backs white. Yoshi's entire back is white, Kirby's back is white, DK's back is white, etc. It appears that all the problems are with the back of the characters.
The attacks are also messed up. I can't see the laser gun's shots. The fireball looks EXTREMELY 2-dimensional, because it's "back" is white. I suspect something to do with poor 3d rendering and maybe some software I neglected to install. Any ideas?

linker

Emutalk Member
Ok, you must tell us what video plugin are you using. Also there are problems with all the cards that are not with NVIDIA chipsets. Jabo direct3d 1.3 video plugin has some problems with the Radeon cards, but not so big that you can see only black and white in the games... Also checkout the drivers of the video card, maybe they are old.. and what windows/directx do you have. Please specifiy your question.

OP
R

Revenant

I use the Jabo plugin.
I can see more than black in white. I can see ALL spectrum of colours, it's some colors that are distorted and tainted, again part of Mario's cap is white, Yoshi's back is white but his nose is green, etc.
Also, when actions such as punching and pounding the ground occur, the thing that's supposed to be the dust I presume is just a grey blob. This is EXTREMELY annoying as this graphic seems to be loaded on a lot. Every punch pretty much has a grey square floating out from it...

I use Windows 98, DirectX 8a

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Renegade said:
ATI radeon? doesn't that suck for pj64?

ATi Radeon is fine for pj64, i hav Radeon VE, and hav no problems with pj64. just like with nVIDIA's cards, u just need the right drivers.

gokuss4

Meh...
the ideal requirements for n64 emulation is a:

Pentium 3 1.5GHZ
Geforce 3
512MB RDRAM DDR 266
Sound Blaster Live! 1024 or Platinum or 5.1 (dont know ??? which is the best ???)

Pentium 4's has a 64-bit processor in it and a geforce 3 has 256bit and 64mb on board memory. :) ;)

Nokturne

Mmm... perhaps he meant All-In-Wonder Radeon, cuz i had the same problem with that card. No driver, tweak, or anything would fix it... although there was a way to make the white textures completely clear, yippy ;)

Dangerously

gokuss4 said:
Pentium 4's has a 64-bit processor in it ...

P4 is still 32bit. The up and comming Itanium from Intel is true 64 bit. P4s ship with XP home or Pro operating systems. The soon to be realeased "XP 64" can run 64bit cpu's, not any existing versions of XP can do this. P4 still has problems due to the new SECC2 instructions it contains. Some software will run slower on a P4 than it does on a P3. I think this problem has been solved now with PJ64.

OP
R

Revenant

I use Radeon DDR, I believe.

So do I just discontinue using the Jabo plugin and find another one?

OP
R

Revenant

can someone please help me? 1.4 didn't fix it, and the anwsers given in this thread are a little obscure... Someone talking about drivers is all I found that I might have missed. eh? I'm pretty dumb with computers....