What's new

Super Mario Sunshine (lag/glitchy gameplay)

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Prologue (Ignore said:
I'm astounded by the progress that has occurred in the emulator world. Only a few years back, the prospect of running Dreamcast in full emulation was one very slim and Playstation 2 was in progress of becoming playable, but it was only a dream.

Now I'm seeing what's here in the present and can definitely see emulators developing in full swing in the next 4-6 years. To see Gamecube games playable on a PC, I'm blown away, but unfortunately, my qualm is in relation to this magnificent emulator called the 'Dolphin' which I presume came from the leaked information that this would have been the name of the 'Gamecube' prior to its release.

I'm having trouble pumping this game at full specs on my lappy that I bought only a couple of months back.

Its specifications are:
MSi GT-735US
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600
4 Gigabytes of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD3850 Graphics

I have the 64-bit emulator with the settings jacked up:

capturedolphin.png

I have Call of Duty: World at War with everything turned up to high in terms of graphics and it plays flawlessly on this laptop so I came under the assumption that handling Gamecube graphics should not be a problem. Unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration that these projects are ongoing and CoD: WaW has been a completed and tested game.

However, if someone could please guide me as to how I can make this perform smoothly with the best possible graphical output, I would be very thankful.

So far, I noticed that the game has very very choppy audio and it disrupts the graphics, especially during cut-scenes. The cut-scenes are so pixelated that it looks atrocious on top of having horrible audio output.

Though, I must say, the recognition of my wireless 360 controller and addition of rumble capabilities did make me very happy.

Please, if someone could read through my issue and provide me with help, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

antidote

woah slow down there cowboy, don't have the Anisotropic filtering up so high for one thing, also it even lags on my machine:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+
AMD Athlon II Dual Core 3.0 GHz
4GB RAM
PNY 9800 GTX+ 512 GDDR3

As an added not I even have WaW at full specs as well.

EDIT:
Choppy audio is due to audio not being fully supported (in all games) as of yet.

Last edited: