What's new

suggestions for conkers bad fur day

xero1286

(U) version of rom, the sound can get quite choppy and frame rate slows sometimes...would someone mind posting their config for this rom if it runs smoothly. i got an ati radeon 9600 pro 256 mb card if that helps any.

my system specs are:
p4 1.8 ghz
768 mb ram
ati radeon 9600 pro 256 mb

also, friends who i have told about the emu tell me these versions of the roms run well for them and they have almsot the same system as i do..if not worse so i do not understand why im experiencing these extremely poppy sounds and fps drops

Last edited:

sultanoswing

Hmmm. I'd suggest you redump your original Conker's ROM then! :devil:

....having said that, I have no trouble with my (U) ROM (personally dumped, of course) :saint:

....video/sound drivers? Plugin Version? Plugin settings? DirectX? Fresh installs? Background programs/spyware?

I see no obvious reason, given your specs, it shouldn't be smooth. Indeed, smooth enough to play Doom 3! :term:

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Dumping a ROM is the process of copying it's data to a PC. You need a backup unit to do that (I can't tell you how). If you downloaded the ROM, download it from somewhere else (I cannot tell you from where).

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
xero1286 said:
a noob question but how do i redump a rom..i dont know what that means?
BTW: the person who said he has dumb his rom, just make a joke, you know that, don't you?

knowitman

Rom dumping is the process of taking the actual cartridge and putting it in a thingy that connects to the computer and transfering the data over.

Well it would be best to state your plugins. I would first test the game with Jabo's latest plugin which comes with PJ64 and his latest sound plugin which also comes with PJ64. You would also need to get the RSP.dll out of the PJ64 plugins folder. Try low settings with those at first.

sultanoswing

MasterPhW_DX said:
BTW: the person who said he has dumb his rom, just make a joke, you know that, don't you?

Yeah I was! :p

....but seriously - if you let us know the stuff that I indicated in my first post, then maybe we can help get your Conkers going well!!

CJW

Last edited: