What's new

Strange problems with Azimer plugins

MasterNES

When I play any ROM, I have very choppy audio when using any of Azimer's audio plugins. However, if I reset the ROM, the choppiness goes away. The problems recur, though, after restarting the actual emulator. This happens with all of the emulators I've tried (1964, Project64, Mupen64). My sound card is a SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic. I have the same plugins working just fine on my laptop, so it's obviously a system-related issue. I don't understand why resetting the ROM would fix anything though.... Any ideas? And is anyone here with an X-Fi sound card having similar issues? Thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What about Jabo's DirectSound plugin? Any problems with that? I've had some issues with Azimer's plugin as well, but I don't use it much.

OP
M

MasterNES

Nope, it works well other than popping on occasion. I know Azimer's works flawlessly though, so I'd like to use it without resetting each time if possible.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MasterNES said:
Nope, it works well other than popping on occasion. I know Azimer's works flawlessly though, so I'd like to use it without resetting each time if possible.
From my experience, pops and such usually vanish when I check Sync Game to Audio.

OP
M

MasterNES

When I do that, though, there is a sound delay. It's not a problem in some games, but in instances like playing the ocarina in Zelda, it can be annoying.