What's new

strange OoT problem... unfixable???

nickel7000

i downloaded nemu only 3 days ago, so i am new to n64 emulators. now with that out of the way-- ive got a problem with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. compared to some of the other problems ive read that people have had with this game, i think mine may be slightly more unusual. when i try to enter the graveyard in kakariko village at night, it will start to fade in but then stall. i can see the glow of links fairy, but nothing more. it will continue to try to fade in, albeit VERY slowly. eventually im able to make out link, and some of the fence in front of the graveyard. after a good minute and a half of waiting, im greeted with an error that states: "Invalid Access Violation: 0x414811. Can't recover execution"

the really weird part is that i can enter the graveyard at ANY other time, except for the in-game hours of 18:00 to 21:00 (the time dampe is out). i realize that speaking with dampe is not crucial to the game, but im worried that i may encounter another odd error like this later on. i have been browsing through some other threads about OoT problems, and in a couple of them, people have recommened the use of jabo's direct3D6 graphic plugin in nemu. i have done this and it has not solved the problem. is the problem simply that i have a bad rom? if this is in fact the problem, i suppose i could attempt to track down and download another one; however id much like to continue my progress on this one. any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance

my technical specs (if they will help) are:
win ME
320mb RAM
pentium III with 858 mhz
nvidia GeForce MX 100/200
DirectX 9.0

Lemmy

nickel7000 said:
i downloaded nemu only 3 days ago, so i am new to n64 emulators. now with that out of the way-- ive got a problem with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. compared to some of the other problems ive read that people have had with this game, i think mine may be slightly more unusual. when i try to enter the graveyard in kakariko village at night, it will start to fade in but then stall. i can see the glow of links fairy, but nothing more. it will continue to try to fade in, albeit VERY slowly. eventually im able to make out link, and some of the fence in front of the graveyard. after a good minute and a half of waiting, im greeted with an error that states: "Invalid Access Violation: 0x414811. Can't recover execution"

the really weird part is that i can enter the graveyard at ANY other time, except for the in-game hours of 18:00 to 21:00 (the time dampe is out). i realize that speaking with dampe is not crucial to the game, but im worried that i may encounter another odd error like this later on. i have been browsing through some other threads about OoT problems, and in a couple of them, people have recommened the use of jabo's direct3D6 graphic plugin in nemu. i have done this and it has not solved the problem. is the problem simply that i have a bad rom? if this is in fact the problem, i suppose i could attempt to track down and download another one; however id much like to continue my progress on this one. any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance

my technical specs (if they will help) are:
win ME
320mb RAM
pentium III with 858 mhz
nvidia GeForce MX 100/200
DirectX 9.0

Wow never heard of that problem. I played Zelda completely in Nemu and never had this problem. i don't know if you use savestates but if you do you might want to try to use the in-game save features and then restart the game without the state and load that game. this sometimes helps resetting some stuff.

another thing is you could try disabling audio for that part and maybe toggle between 4mb and 8mb ram (options dialog). for ram size you should also not use savestates.

post if that helps pls

BountyJedi

try with other emus ? or something i dont know =p you can always mix around with gfx plugins audio rsps emus and whatever feels for =p and see if it solves anything

OP
N

nickel7000

still no luck

i only have one savestate for this game. after about 3 times in a row of encountering the graveyard problem, i made a savestate right before the entrance. this was so i wouldnt have to continue to trek back and wait for night everytime. however, at your request, i booted the game up and only loaded my in-game save file. i had already changed the ram to 4mb, and when i got to kakariko, i went to the audio plugin options and unchecked "HLE Audio". this disabled all audio, except it there was a small humming noise. i went in the graveyard... same problem as before. so i turned the rom off, checked "Dummy Mode" in the audio plugin options, and gave it another go. there was no sound at all this time and the game was running faster than its supposed to (link was speeding about). since it was running so abnormally fast, i had hopes that the problem would be rectified... alas it was not. you had recommended i disable my sound... if im not doing it right and there is some other option i am supposed to check or uncheck to do it properly, please let me know.

to the second poster who asked about my graphics plugin i believe... i had been using the one that came with nemu: "Nemu64 Graphics (combie debug)". but i have since started using: "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5". if this is not what you were inquiring about, i apologize

and as for the idea of trying a different emulator, i am dreading having to exercise that possible solution. i dont want to have to reach kakariko again in a different emulator, only to discover that the problem is still persistent. however if i have to, i will resort to this as my last ditch effort. as of now, im still hoping of an easier way to nullify the glitch. (although if there is some way to use my in-game save file in a different emulator, i will definately give it a shot)

lastly, im not sure if this even matters, but i caught an error in my post under my tech specs. i had forgotten the '2' after GeForce. my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200. not sure if that makes any difference whatsoever to anyone, but just in case.

thanks for the help so far guys, and im hoping that im going to be able to nip this thing in the bud sometime soon

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, for specs like yours, try using 1964 or Project 64. This should easily give you better graphics, speed, and overall playability.

Federelli

Beta Tester
IF, i wanted to use another emulator, i would already have done so.
Nemu rulez :)

And i'm not sure, but i think my .ini fixes it