What's new

Strange audio problem in Banjo-Kazooie

BlackIchor

By the way, thank you to the nice gentleman from the UK who helped me with the other problems I had with running 1964.

I am encountering a new and rather strange problem, in the game Banjo-Kazooie. When first playing it, I had sound, and now, during gameplay, the sound totally cuts out. Interestingly enough, during the opening screen (with the mosquito buzzing around and the Rareware logo) there is sound still, but upon starting the game (I've been using load states, in case that has anything to do with it) it goes totally mute. The strange thing about it is...when I first began playing the game, there was sound during both the introductory screens and during the game itself.

I am using Azimer's Audio v3.30 (old driver) plug in for sound.

If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I appreciate it very much.

Allnatural

If the sound only stops when you load a state, then you probably have a corrupted state (which is not uncommon). Stick to native saves.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
In theory, you can fix the problem by hitting an in game save point, using the in-game save, restarting the emulator and game, then loading the save from the game, then make a new save state.

OP
B

BlackIchor

That did the trick nicely. I'll just stick with using the game's own save feature rather than the Save State, as you advised. Thanks again!