What's new

Startup greenflickergraphic issue

HerMo

When i start a games a green distorted flicker screen appears along with the message ¨unknown code (crc=3ad3b7ac) - forcing AX¨.
I've tried Naruto 2 & paper mario 2, both with the same issue.
:homestar:

My stats are
winxp sp1
amdxp 1700+
512 ddr
geforce fx 5700

MathiasK

Hi

I have had the green screen problems, and disabled the frame buffer.. However, now my games won't load.. or there is just a white screen and nothing.. what's wrong?

I also have a pack of GBA games, where there is some faint letters on the screen and really really buggy sound, playing half a second every two or three seconds..

this isn't working as it should, i suppose :huh:

Super Noodle

Even if you fix your problem (most likely frame buffer, try dbl clicking the Dolphin empty registrys) You CANNOT play games at a playable speed (Except Bust-a-move 3000) However it is good to post screenies on forums to help devs.

MathiasK

@Super Noodle

I know from these forums that Dolphin really can't play games yet, but these green/white/black screens plus/minus crappy sound is less than others are getting.. :)

I've attatched a screenshot of what one of my games looks like (DX9.0c, frame buffer off, registry cleared):

MGFox

The Quiet One!
Why have you scrubbed out the name? :huh: The only reason I can think of is that you're trying to run "Mary Kate and Ashley" and want to save your embarrasment :p !

Seriously though, if we knew what games you were trying to run we may be able to provide more help! If you're not willing to tell us which games (again why?) try searching the forums, its possible that they're not compatible yet!

Cheers,
Fox

MathiasK

I saw the harsh flaming some other members recieved when talking about ROMS or how to rip your own games, so i just thought that i would play safe.. yeah okay, i admit it, i'm playing Super Mario 2006XT, which i have ripped from my beta version GameCube2 :p :saint:

I am trying to play some of the games in the "NGC GBA Pack 1 - DEATHCUBE".. They all crap out like this..

While typing this, i was trying to get my 190MB version of Louigis Mansion working.. Before it suffered from the green screen of crap, now it says "Nintendo", then shows the Louigis Mansion logo and starts to blackscreen after i have pressed start.. woohoo, progression, or :huh: :p

MathiasK

@DOGG
It was because the GBA pack had a size of 120MB. I thought it was better waiting for 120MB to download than waiting for 1-2GB to download - just to find out, that i couldn't figure out how to use Dolphin :)

@Super Noodle
TI4200, running with no shaders, as it kills the FPS of this old 4-piper :/

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
Mathiask: you can download a 200-300Mb file zip of a game......Why you download a GBA pack for a Gamecube emulator???

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
Actually, it does... Before starting the GCM, select Pixel Shader 2.0 in the graphic plugin config regardless of your card. Then start the GCM, a border saying "Game Boy Advance Emulator" etc should show up and the GBA startup sound should be played (slowwwwly). Now set the shader option to No Shaders and the GBA screen should show up. Problems: it's incredibly slow (emulator inside an emulator after all) and the GBA screen is partially covered by the border.

(Dolphin v1.02, Dynarec enabled btw)

JinXD

xdaniel_FWB said:
Actually, it does... Before starting the GCM, select Pixel Shader 2.0 in the graphic plugin config regardless of your card. Then start the GCM, a border saying "Game Boy Advance Emulator" etc should show up and the GBA startup sound should be played (slowwwwly). Now set the shader option to No Shaders and the GBA screen should show up. Problems: it's incredibly slow (emulator inside an emulator after all) and the GBA screen is partially covered by the border.

(Dolphin v1.02, Dynarec enabled btw)
Nice ;)

MathiasK

Thanks, though i fail to understand why PS2.0 can influence the performance of your 9200SE, which has no PS2.0 support :huh:

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
Well, same here, I don't understand that as well. I would've maybe expected worse graphics with shaders set to 2.0, not getting something previously thought unemulated to run properly... Any Dolphin coder or tester who has an idea? ^^"