What's new

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle on P64

DarthMarino

I thought I would share my video for those interested. I hooked up two throttle controllers (normally used for flight simulators, etc) to Project 64. It works wonders for Star Wars Ep. 1: Racer. It gives it the feel of the arcade controls but has all content of the much more feature-rich home version. You have to put the code in to allow for this but I just created a save state so I don't bother with it anymore.

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Last edited:

DETOMINE

Could you be a little more specific?
Which input plugin do you use?
Which code are you talking about?

Thanks for sharing!

OP
D

DarthMarino

For the code you select an empty save slot. Hold down Z (don't let go) and enter the code RRDUAL with the L button. Normally you only get 3 initials so the code will actually enter on the bottom of the screen. If you did it correctly, you should hear a sound. Then you can just enter initials normally.

Once the code is in, the port 1 analog stick becomes the left throttle and the port 3 analog becomes the right throttle. Apparently ports 2 and 4 are used for player 2 though I haven't tried this. Obviously the throttles control acceleration, braking and turning. Here are the additional buttons:

Tilt Right: Left stick right/Right stick right
Tilt Left: Left stick left/Right stick left
Boost: Z button (either controller)
Repair: R button (either controller)

I actually have the Tilting mapped on the back of the throttles. The right throttle in the beginning of the video is backwards so you can see what I'm using to do that. Hopefully this makes sense.