What's new

SSF Freezing at black screens

NiceJerk

Except for a few times when a game speeds up, SSF runs all my games perfectly fine. But after about an hour of play the game will freeze at the next loading / black screen. This gets quite annoying when playing a game like Dragon Force, as I won't eve get the chance to go to Diplomacy and save.

Does anybody else have this problem, and hopefully, know how to stop it?

R0YB0T

When I leave SSF running for a while it will eventually crash. Like when I go to sleep playig shining force the way god intended me to. Or guardian heroes. Or well you get the point.

OP
N

NiceJerk

Yes, every single game I try to play will freeze after about an hour or so. It doesen't matter if I'm using the real CD in my drive, or if I make an image of it and play my games from the harddrive.

It's not as if my computer is unable to play the games. Athlon 3800 64 x2 dual, GeForce 7800 pci:e, 1.5 gigs ram. I can play with the settings turned on to whatever level of speed / performance.

So even though I use the save -> reset ssf to ensure my game is safe, it doesen't work if my game freezes to a black screen before I get to a save point, haha.

Any ideas on how to stop the freezing?

Borisz

I've no idea what could be the reason for that, I regularly do 3-4 hour sessions on Panzer Dragoon Saga and it never crashes for me.

It does, however, crash whenever a popup window comes in. It's pretty annoying.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Borisz said:
I've no idea what could be the reason for that, I regularly do 3-4 hour sessions on Panzer Dragoon Saga and it never crashes for me.

It does, however, crash whenever a popup window comes in. It's pretty annoying.
Popup window? Do you actually surf the net while playing?

OP
N

NiceJerk

Okay, it seems like the problem is, that the emulator just stops accessing the "CD." Wheather it's a physical or mounted one. Maybe altering some of the "Program 2" options would fix this?

Agozer

Borisz said:
umm, why in the world would I log off?
You know, people can close/minimize their browser windows without actually logging off from any forum or service.

Agozer

Borisz said:
Who is talking about browser popups?
Then what popups where you talking about? A popup is a popup, it doesn't really matter where they come up.

Agozer

Borisz said:
messenger popups, reconnection dialogs (my dsl reconnects every 24 hours), and many other things.
Ah yeah, I can see why those bother. SSF crashes even when run in a window?