What's new

SSF - Dragon Force

Streifer

My Computer is actually a :

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ , 1.67 GHz , 512 Mo RAM and I'm running on Windows XP Pro

My PSX emulator run very well with no slow time but I see that SSF seem to be really slow....
May I know if my computer is not enough "strong" for Saturn Emulation ?
Is this SSF who is a "high computer requirement" emulator ?

I also tried cassini and Giri Giri, hoping it wouldn't be the same problem but I failed to even get the emulator working :\

Should I try another Emulator ? (If Yes, could you please tell me which ?)

Borisz

I'd like to know how you get SSF working on that Athlon, seeing that it shouldn't even start up.

Minimum requirements for SSF is a athlon64 3000+ or a 3ghz p4.

OP
Streifer

Streifer

I'd said by double clicking on SSF.exe I guess.....
I asked the EXE to run on Win 98 Compatibility since it didn't worked at all before and it finally worked....
Game are playable but VERY slow and I don't have sound at all.......

Is there other Saturn Emulator that ask for less requirement and that may work better on my poor computer ?

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
You could try Yabause, I guess. The requirements are less, but it's not quite as advanced as ssf. A new version is expected at christmas, or you can download the latest code from the cvs.
yabause.sourceforge.net/
sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89991
The downloadable version of Satourne is aroundabout the same level, but I've no idea when a new version will be released.
satourne.consollection.com/

Borisz

Streifer said:
I'd said by double clicking on SSF.exe I guess.....
I asked the EXE to run on Win 98 Compatibility since it didn't worked at all before and it finally worked....
Game are playable but VERY slow and I don't have sound at all.......

Is there other Saturn Emulator that ask for less requirement and that may work better on my poor computer ?
Oh, haha. You are running the 2 years old 0.06 version then.

There are a few other emulators (Satourne, yabause, girigiri-gav), but expect lot lower compatibility for the better speeds (in fact I can't think of a single game that does not have some kind of graphical error on the above emulators).

OP
Streifer

Streifer

Lord Darkstorm

Yabause or Satourne.....

I tried Satourne some time ago but I never suceeded in getting the CD Block working....
I'll search for Yabause and try it, thanks for the answer...

Borisz

Two.... two years old ? :\
A two year version has that much requirement for working !?

I know the name of GiriGiri but not with the little "-gav"...
I'll search for it too, thanks for the anwser too.

OP
Streifer

Streifer

I tried Giri giri, All I get is the bios menu who's flashing in strange way (no change for my previous try =\ )

I tired Yabause and the result is kinda strange :
I get a completly messed image :\
It seem to work, I get sound (strange still) but video is messed :
Dragon force logo appear at right in a little square of the Yabause Windows, next the intro video play in a little square at left..............

PCSX2.......?