What's new

SSF Beta R4...

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
...is out.

Get to it, people.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html

Here's the babelfish translation:

The clipping check processing of VDP1 was corrected. The windowing of VDP2 was corrected. Color RAM address formation processing at the time of the bit map of VDP2 was corrected. The sprite priority number formation processing of VDP2 was corrected. Computing in the rotary parameter coordinate of VDP2 was corrected. Hook processing of system program was corrected. The Warring States blade and the like moves there is no BIOS with. It tried to replace the ABC button and the XYZ button with 9 keys of keyboard side. It modified ahead the job backup file retaining of STV below the Backup folder. It tried to retain the contents of EEPROM in each every game. The bug where speed deviates the dual core CPU use time was corrected. Because the environment of Windows98 was gone, Windows98 is deleted from correspondence OS.

And from the forums:

Operation report thank you. Temporarily, R4 was raised, but operation check has not done excessively... as for indication of the surface of revolution becoming conversely strange, whether the る... being almost not to have been different from R3, when operation is doubtful, please use R3.

I think he's saying it hasn't been tested much.

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Great news! It Gets ingame now in alone in the dark but freezes :(
But its still another great update!

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
Remember when I said that R4 would be out before I tested R3? Yep, I can tell the future. XD Oh well, I guess it is alright..

Borisz

VDP1: Clipping check processing was updated
VDP2: Window processing was updated
VDP2: The timing of the Bitmap Color RAMs address generation was updated
VDP2: Sprite priority number generation processing was updated.
VDP2: calculation of the rotation parameter coordinates were updated.
Hook processing of the system program was updated. (This probably refers to the BIOS faking, so more games should work without using the real BIOS files)
Sengoku Blade (and the like (?)) works even without the bios.
The ABC button and the XYZ buttons are exchangable by the 9 key on the side of a keyboard.
The STV backup files are now stored in the Backup folder.
The EEPROM contents of every game are saved seperatly.
Corrected the bug that caused the speed to get out of order when a dual core cpu is used.

Since I lost my Windows 98 enviroment, I'm no longer supporting Windows 98.

the forum post:

"Thank you for the compatibility reports.

Although R4 was released for now, not much checking was done.
The Display of the rotation mask was conversely changed out of curiosity...
The behaviour has barely changed from R3, so please use R3 if any problems arise."