What's new

sound problems...nowhere to turn

the warden

Hi,

I recently got pj64 after about a years break from emulators. I'm impressed by the speed at which it runs and the graphics. The problem is the sound is really choppy on every game. I used to use ultra hle which ran mario64 with no sound hiccups so i d/loaded it again and found that it runs perfect.

I dont think my system is limited as im running on 1.5gz p4 with 256ddr. but mainly because ultra hle can run mario on my system with no problems and the help file in pj64 says there are no issues.

Ive tried all the different plugins tre,jabo,zilmar,basic etc with loads of different settings but still no improvement.

The help file suggest that there will be some popping in sound which is understandable but this is not minimal and can be very annoying.

Am i expecting too much from pj64?

Knuckles

its can depend of your video card and the OS your using and whats are the background task running.
On a 500 MHz must basic games runs correctly. like M64, MK64, Bomberman ...
800MHZ lots ofs games like Harvest Moon , Zelda... And over
1000MHZ all games runs normal Perfect Dark, GoldenEye...

Me ,on my celeron 433, Mario Runs correctly and Mario Kart 64 run good too and all other ganes go fast when I disable the sound(try this).

OP
T

the warden

thanks, ive disabled everything already but to no avail.

Can i just ask, do games likie mario run with no sound problems on your pj64??

If so, i'm thinkin it could be cos i have an intergrated soundcard, but then again ultrla hle runs it spot on..

L

Lachp30

the warden said:
thanks, ive disabled everything already but to no avail.

Can i just ask, do games likie mario run with no sound problems on your pj64??

If so, i'm thinkin it could be cos i have an intergrated soundcard, but then again ultrla hle runs it spot on..

Mario64 runs almost perfecty for me..

Binary64

I had this problem to, because if you running the game with the RSP-"Interpreter" not "ReCompiler" the emulator has to emulate every "opcode after the another" of your game. I don`t know wich version of Project64 you currently using, but try this:

GoTo: "options->RSP conf..->CPU Core Style" And set this to "Recompiler". Disable "send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin", too and check it out.

Hope i can help you,Greets Denis

:pj64:

Knuckles

but some time you must enabled the "send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin" depend of the Audio plugins your using. For a fast PC and a good sound card its better to use the Jabo directSound but on slower PC the zimlar 0.30(old drivers) one. Also the video plugin, the DX version, the Video Card and the Video plugins can be a one of the problem.
If not, i don't know, but for me, with my slow CPU (see below) ,Mario 64 runs perfectly with sound on 1964 with the Unofficial DaedelusD3D8 video plugin and zimlar 0.30 (old driver) audio plugin. All the other game with any video plugins but no sound work correctly with no major slowdown.