What's new

Sound Problem. Please Help Me!!!

KariageKun

I got sound problem here. I play all the games (Party 123, Zelda, Banjo, SSB etc) and all of them have similar sound problem. The sound plays cut-by-cut (like somebody turn on and off the sound repeatedly). I try to check/uncheck all the boxes, change the plug in, reduce the resolution... etc, it won't solve the problem. But if I try to save to .wav file, it run smoothly (not in the game, in the saved .wav file). Should I buy the new sound card? Oh, and if I turn off the music, the fps run faster. Please help me

My comp spec:

P3 800
256 RAM
Geforce 256
Soundcard: Yamaha DS XG PCI (I play ALL pc games with this soundcard with NO problem at all)

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :hrm: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :angry: :blush: :devil:

Either you have sync audio on or you're running in the interpeter.So,make sure sync audio is off and you're running in the recompiler.

OP
K

KariageKun

64ultramaniac said:
Either you have sync audio on or you're running in the interpeter.So,make sure sync audio is off and you're running in the recompiler.

I turn it off and its recompiler mode.

Does NOBODY have the same problem like me? Well, I guess it is my soundcard then. And, I don't think my soundcard have processor in it, so it use CPU processor. Maybe its time to buy the newest one. BTW, my fps if audio off: 50-80, if audio on: 25-45. Can anybody see my problem from my fps?

Thanks

Yes I have the same problem with my Soundblaster 128.

If I don't get it sorted soon, I'm gonna turn off the audio and my kids gonna have to invite Mario to the castle over the microphone, whilst his sister provides the music from her keyboard.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT !!!

LET'S SORT THIS ONE FOR THE KIDS EH !!!

Oh yes,

Before I forget,

Can anybody tell me a site that actually contains O.R.M.S hehehe, that I can use on these emulators please.

Have I been a naughty boy now ?

Those bastards at Queen Marys hospital, how irresponsible.
they know damn well, you don't wash the vernix off a baby in the first couple of days.

OP
K

KariageKun

So... what the damn solution? I already buy the new audio card and IT'S NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Those damn emulator

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
you just needed a faster cpu. i dont see why you went out a bought another sound card.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
NoStupidName said:
Oh yes,

Before I forget,

Can anybody tell me a site that actually contains R.O.M.S. hehehe, that I can use on these emulators please.

Have I been a naughty boy now ?

???

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
KariageKun said:
So... what the damn solution? I already buy the new audio card and IT'S NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Those damn emulator

no one told you to buy a new sound card. The documentation states that sound cards are not the important factor in sound quality. So don't blame the emulator, blame yourself.

OP
K

KariageKun

Smiff said:

no one told you to buy a new sound card. The documentation states that sound cards are not the important factor in sound quality. So don't blame the emulator, blame yourself.

Oh YEAH?? WHERE IN DOCUMENTATION STATES THAT? WHO SAID THE PROBLEM ISN'T SOUND CARD MR "SMART GUY"? THE PROBLEM IS SOUND CARD.

After I "kickin" my computer all night, I solve the problem. I forget to delete my old sound card driver. After that I go to setting > control panel > sound, to change every options from my old card to my sblive new soundcard. And guess what, its work now. So anyone have the same problem, just buy the new sound card and dont forget to delete your old driver. I buy SB live (to replace my old Yamaha sound card) on ebay for just 19.99 + S/H

SO, THE PROBLEM IS THE SOUND CARD.

Last edited:
BAGG,

You naughty minx.

You've changed my original post from O.R.M.S to R.O.M.S

Are you trying to get me into trouble.

NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY BAGG GO TO BED !

PJ64.......Cos I'm worth it

xx

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That last post by Kun,

You've made him that f****n angry, he can't even type English properly.

Personally the bit that had me crying was:

Oh YEAH?? WHERE IN DOCUMENTATION STATES THAT? WHO SAID THE PROBLEM ISN'T SOUND CARD MR "SMART GUY"? THE PROBLEM IS SOUND CARD.

"MR. "SMART GUY"? surely has to be the choice of a new generation.

Although close but no cigar in second place must be:

After I "kickin" my computer all night.

I want to see much more posting by KUN in the future please.

His words pleasure me in ways that I can't describe before midnight.

All my love

Jim

xxxx

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
NoStupidName said:
BAGG,

You naughty minx.

You've changed my original post from O.R.M.S to R.O.M.S

Are you trying to get me into trouble.

NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY BAGG GO TO BED !
oops, my bad:look:

OP
K

KariageKun

I made a typo in my previous post. To change your setting from "old" card to newer card, go to setting > control panel > multimedia (not "sound" as i previously said). I use win 98, after you install the new sound card, the setting is NOT automatically change, so you have to do it manually. If anybody have same sound problem, i hope this solution helps.