What's new

Sound Plugins

Blue_Flame

ok, so I just got 1964 and everything works fine except for some of the games have really (almost unbearable) sound that is very choppy. I want to know if there is anything I can do about this such as get a better plugin. I know that you probably need to know what kind of sound card i have to tell me the best stuff but i don't know how to ckeck that either! I did fiddle around with the sound plugins, but some of them didn't even work so I didn't have any luck. Plz help me! :crazy:

scotty

The Great One
I recommend Azimers audio plugin, Schibos and Jabos are both good, but I think Azimers plugin is still better

OP
B

Blue_Flame

really? thats the one I started with... The default one, v0.30 i think... were can I get a newer version? or is there any other things i should try?

Clements

Try Azimer's Audiofix plugin with 1964 0.9.9 or Jabo's DirectSound plugin, since IMO give the best quality with most games. Hopefully your P4 is up to it!

OP
B

Blue_Flame

I got the Azimer's plugin (0.40) , but it didn't help. I also Tried the jabos plugin and got no sound at all I think it was maby just a bad rom cause I didn't have any significant problems with other games. Also, I Just got a game that said Not Playable (gfx errors) What does this mean and can it be fixed?

Clements

Blue_Flame said:
Also, I Just got a game that said Not Playable (gfx errors) What does this mean and can it be fixed?

Depends on what the game is, really. It might be fixable/playable to an extent with a certain configuration.

Clements

Blue_Flame said:
I also Tried the jabos plugin and got no sound at all...

Wait a sec, make sure you use the RSP plugin from Project64 (copy to 1964 plugin folder) and enable it for Jabo's Audio to work.