What's new

Soul Calibur

TooNice

Hello,

I just had a go running Soul Calibur. In the compatibility thread, it says that the Vs Screen may be a little glitchy. I was wondering if that is the extent of the graphical glitch for most people, in particular, people who are running Chankast on an ATI graphic card. The fight do run wonderfully for me (DoA 2 on the other hand feels kind of slow), but I experience graphic glitch in menus, character selection screen and most arts. I am running:

- Windows XP SP2
- Opteron 165 @ 2.5Ghz
- ATI Radeon X1800XT (Catalyst 6.3 - I realise that it is a few versions behind, but it is stable for me, so I do not want to update unless I am sure that it brings some benefits).

I have pretty much tried all the various settings in Chankast (video settings, cable type, even the Capcom fix even though it's not a Capcom game). So I am wondering if this is the extent Chankast is capable of emulating SC (it is very good already), or something about my hardware/driver that is incompatible with Chankast. And if someone managed near perfect emulation of on ATI hardware, please let me know which driver you are using.

Thanks.

Clements

That is a known problem with various 2D menus/screens which is not strictly fixable, although going in and out of fullscreen when the glitch appears temporarily fixes it.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
TooNice said:
Hello,

I just had a go running Soul Calibur. In the compatibility thread, it says that the Vs Screen may be a little glitchy. I was wondering if that is the extent of the graphical glitch for most people, in particular, people who are running Chankast on an ATI graphic card. The fight do run wonderfully for me (DoA 2 on the other hand feels kind of slow), but I experience graphic glitch in menus, character selection screen and most arts. I am running:

- Windows XP SP2
- Opteron 165 @ 2.5Ghz
- ATI Radeon X1800XT (Catalyst 6.3 - I realise that it is a few versions behind, but it is stable for me, so I do not want to update unless I am sure that it brings some benefits).

I have pretty much tried all the various settings in Chankast (video settings, cable type, even the Capcom fix even though it's not a Capcom game). So I am wondering if this is the extent Chankast is capable of emulating SC (it is very good already), or something about my hardware/driver that is incompatible with Chankast. And if someone managed near perfect emulation of on ATI hardware, please let me know which driver you are using.

Thanks.

updating your gaphics card drivers is allways a good thing even with ati. they make the drivers better than the last. so update now www.ati.com