What's new

sonic adventure2

lethaldj13

is there anyone out there who was able to play it nicely? i mean i played it but i cant understand whats going on because of the graphics messing up....polygons all ovver the place.

if someone has been able to know how to fix this pls tell me!

thanks ^_^

Xtreme2damax

I just don't understand why people still want to use an emulator that's been outdated and not updated for two years or more, when theres a decent emulator out (NullDC), that has much better compatibility than chankast and can run almost every game at full speed or almost full speed if you have a good enough rig oO.

Everytime I see someone that is having a problem with chankast, I just recommend them to use NullDC or Demul instead as it will most likely solve their problem.

Outdated Emulator (Chankast) = Problems, best solution is to use a recent emulator that is still being worked on and developed;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I just don't understand why people still want to use an emulator that's been outdated
Some people simply do not follow the recent updates in the DC emulation scene, and they just don't know that there's a better emulator.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Except from that, they may have problems running other emulators (NullDC does NOT run on EVERY computer). Anyway, since this emulator has a forum, it makes sense to use it for this purpose.

Finally, NullDC is slower than Chankast (or my computer runs it slower due to the Celeron processor)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Weird... If you use the null plugins and the image reader it should be faster... even on a Celeron CPU. Can you try them and tell me the speeds you get? :)

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
I used Shenmue II for both, since it's a heavy game to emulate. I will mention the min and max framerates my computer achieved during the introduction video (the one when you start a new game, not the Shen-hua video) and the (constant) framerate when you first take control of the character (Ryo) without moving him:

Chankast: Min -> 12, Max -> 29, and 13
NullDC: Min -> 11, Max -> 27, and 13 again

Very small difference indeed. I forgot, both emulators where running under the same conditions and both at 640x480 Windowed Mode.

2nd Edit: Yes, I used the null plugins.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I see... It seems that the small cache of Celerons really hurts on that case, or it might be related to the FPU related speed issues (on some cases). Hopefully you'll get better speeds on BETA 2 (when it's out).

Regarding the systems that nullDC doesn't work... something must be really wrong with these systems. Using "safe" plugins (Chanka plugins and image reader) and correct configuration literally means that nullDC will run on the same systems as Chankast.

Edit: Trying to run nullDC on fullscreen might make things better on some cases.