What's new

Some noob question about music in games...

lord_lad

Why is it that chankast is able to emulate some games wif full sound and music (soul calibur, power stone, etc) while other games (Project justice, Fighting vipers 2) lack any music ?? I've heard some ppl says that those game without music are those ripped games (as in their music ripped out)/ Is this true? Or is it becos those games use a different way of presenting music that is not yet emulatable my the current chankast version ?? Pls advise.

Last edited:
OP
L

lord_lad

T-Kimura said:
you know, the emulator is only in alpha stages...

yah i know.........i just wanna know if i had a complete game or a rip game that's all.............

Kainy

Some games we play are ripped games because the size of some GDs are larger than
the normal CDs(700MB or 800MB) .So they had to cut the music or the "Wince" file that contains the sound or the music.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Guys?!

Every game that we use via Chankast is ripped. All Dreamcast games are released on GD-ROM. Yes, even the DEMO disks. There were exceedingly few DC rips that didn't something resampled down or removed to make them fit on 700MB CD-ROM. But they are all known as rips - every single last one of them.

Cheers,

mezkal