What's new

Solved one prob to find another...

DragonStar74

Ok to start with here's what i know about the computer...
Celeron (R) CPU 2.40 GHz, 768MB RAM, RAEDEON 9200, Windows XP pro home edition, and a new motherboard and harddrive (which apparently is supposed to be a 60 gig Harddrive but reads 74.5GB)... Video/Graphics driver

ATI Catalyst control center Ver. 1.2.2243.38605
Microsoft .Net Framework ver. 1.1.4322.573...
(hopefully this will help)

Now here's the issue:

on most of my games I can play them just fine, but sometimes certain games start to freeze up. and apparently it was due to over use of the save states. Or atleast that was my assumption. turns out that the same issue occured again but only for one game, Harvest Moon 64 will freeze up PJ64 if you use the save states as well as the cheats together. So I do have to mention I have the latest version of PJ64 (v. 1.6) and it's great now that i'm learning to use it, though the controls are tricky when you use a keyboard lol. Anyways it seems I have a small bug issue somewhere in the program or the rom. but it's not the only one to have an issue if it's the rom, I also play Starcraft, Shadowgate64, Hydro Thunder, and Robotech Crystal dreams. and anything else i play around with works fine except Shadowgate64 which is slowmo video issues, and Starcraft just has a video issue but it's only in themenue screens and not durring the game. Anyone got any suggestions?

(by the way, Thanks Squall for the help earlier when i first started with PJ64 it was most helpful of you)~DragonStar74

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
;) thats not a 60gb hdd, its a 80gb hdd ( a 60gb drive would read as 54.5)

my 80gb reads as 74.5 as well :p (its coz 1kb isn't exactly 1000bytes) so in the end... its never exactly 80gb.

OP
DragonStar74

DragonStar74

And here i thought i only had 60 gigs of free space. lol thanks Squall looks like I still have to do some studying on my comp specs. As for the issues i'm encountering, Atleast you all know that these issues exist now so it makes for a better bug fix.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Be sure that you are using Good ROMS, for checking that, use GoodN64 and Good Windows will be a good idea as well. Many cheats cause games to be unstable, so beware

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you should try to limit the use of save states when you have cheats active, as they can cause bad code to be saved in the state

OP
DragonStar74

DragonStar74

I had a feeling that the cheats and the saved states might be the cause as to my freeze up issue lol thanks I'll also check for those other two programs too you both were extremely helpful in pointing those things out.