What's new

So I'm buying a laptop...

Martin

Administrator
Well not me, my company is, but I get to pick which model. :p

My eyes are on this one, opinions?

Display : TFT Display: 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 X 1050)
Graphic Engine : ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 Graphics, 128MB DDR
Hard Drive : 100GB Hard Drive
Memory : 1GB (512/512) DDR333 SDRAM
Network : 802.11b/g WLAN, Bluetooth, Gigabit LAN, V.92 Modem
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Optical Drive : Integrated DVD-Super Multi Double-layer Drive
Processor : AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 (1MB L2 Cache, 2.0GHz)
Storage : 5-in-1 Card Reader For Optional MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO Or XD-Picture Card
Warranty : 1 Year - Extended Plans Available

http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/9/42/403/9437

Pics:
http://taiwan.cnet.com/computer/mobile/features/0,2000068536,20099404-13,00.htm

Importing from Germany for about 1800 EUR, since we're able to deduct the 16% VAT there.

Slougi

I am not quite sure the quality of that laptop is up to the standards you require. You could send it to me for a quick evaluation, I am experienced in such matters. If the quality is good enough I shall send it back. In case of lacking quality I shall dispose of the electronic device in question for your comfort.

2fast4u

that thing costs about as much as i have spent on computer hardware in the last 5 years in all. fucking nice though, dont see any reason not to get it.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
The specs are really good! You should buy it! However how much warranty that laptop brand offers you?

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Any Dell, type "Dell coupons" into Google and oogle at the hundreds of dollars they take off the price, I bought my Inspiron 9300 with 750 off

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
sheik124 said:
Any Dell, type "Dell coupons" into Google and oogle at the hundreds of dollars they take off the price, I bought my Inspiron 9300 with 750 off
Ahem, yes I know. But that's in the US only. Dell sweden offers no such discounts or coupons at all. If lucky, you get a crappy printer for free if you order a Dell here. :(

Otherwise that's a nice laptop too. :)

I've decided on the laptop above, will order it early next week and hopefully have it the week after. :)

flow``

flow``
hope you like a 5 minute battery life :p and talk about a beast to carry around..

a sexy dell 700m max'd out might be nice. anything centrino has a nice battery life.. the more mobile the more likely you'll use it.. cant see you pulling out that monster at a conference meeting :D hehe..

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
It has about 3½ hours battery time which isn't too bad, and the weight of 2.86 KG is pretty good for a laptop with a 15.4" WS screen. :p

Dell 700m isn't sold in Europe, at least not Sweden. Either way, a low res 12.1" screen is nothing for me. :p